Vice President, Professional Services - Public Sector
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
About the Role
The Vice President, Professional Services – Public Sector will be responsible for all aspects of the Public Sector division of Icertis’ professional services operations. Public Sector as defined at Icertis consists of Government, Aerospace, Defense and other public entities. She/he will lead delivery and support and own the Public Sector P&L, ensuring successful attainment of aggressive growth and profit targets. Reporting to the SVP of the US Business Unit, this position manages a team of approximately 15+ leaders and 60+ FTEs. The uniqueness of Public Sector customers requires this leader to be a savvy executive with deep experience in the nuances of Public Sector contracts; proven ability to drive strategies, manage customer relationship and lead a high-performing global team within the complexities of the Public Sector vertical, while ensuring exceptional service delivery and support.
- Own client implementation service delivery, providing management and oversight of implementation projects and staffing, including project assignments, capacity planning and customer satisfaction of Public Sector customers, including many with large revenue footprints.
- Support Partner-led Projects as part of Icertis Delivery Assurance methodology.
- Demonstrate leadership excellence by building a thriving, highly engaged team through activities such as: goal setting; coaching; providing ongoing recognition and development feedback; and creating bench strength for future leaders.
- Ensure successful attainment of critical metrics, including P&L, NPS, account growth and retention, and employee engagement and retention.
- Train and mentor General Manager, Directors and their reports to communicate with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions by bringing in industry specific insights; continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Liaise with Icertis C-Suite and cross-functional, internal leadership, providing education and driving strategy to adopt new business practices as required to ensure success as the ICI leader of the Public Sector vertical.
- Oversee and execute process improvements and the development of policies, procedures, methods, and tools in support of delivery and to streamline work to provide a higher value to Icertis customers.
- 20% US and international travel expected.
- Knowledge of Federal Government Contracting Processes.
- Highly motivated executive, with a track record of impeccable customer satisfaction and the aspiration and ability to positively impact the future of Icertis.
- Proven experience driving multi-year, large and complex customer deployments in Public Sector vertical, demonstrating significant impact on company growth.
- Prior experience in implementing Contract Lifecycle Management/Supply Chain/ERP applications is required.
- Familiarity with enterprise software delivery methodologies required.
- Must be operationally and technically excellent. This role requires rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty while demonstrating a deep understanding of project and product details.
- Executive level strategy, communication, execution, and presentation skills are required. Must be highly responsive and organized, detail-oriented, empathic, -with the ability to liaise with C-Suite.
- Ability to prioritize company objectives and meet aggressive deadlines, outstanding team leadership, team development and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial working style to develop and deliver business outcomes despite resource and time constraints.
- Multi-dimensional thinker who leverages both past experiences and developments in the market while formulating innovative new approaches.
- Experience working with Hybrid onshore/offshore models required; experience with India operations is desired.
- Due to the constraints of working with US government customers/contractors, US Person Status is required (citizenship or permanent residency).
Education & Experience
- 15+ yrs. of experience in leadership roles in the Public Sector space (as defined by Icertis) and/or Technology companies.
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree, ideally an MBA or master’s degree, is highly desirable.
We are committed to the health and well-being of all Icertians, their families, the communities they live in, and our customers. This commitment is represented in the Icertis “Four Rings of Responsibility”: Take Care of Self, Take Care of Family, Take Care of Community, and Take Care of Business, in that order.
To support these commitments, Icertis offers excellent health and welfare benefits, a generous 401k match, and a robust paid time off program. Here are some of the other reasons we’ve been named a Top Company to Work for by Seattle Business Magazine for the sixth year in a row!
• Equity (RSUs) and shared ownership in the company
• Flexible work environment (role dependent)
• Paid maternity and paternity leave
• 7 Days for Humanity in 2023 – paid volunteer days
• Generous holidays including the 4th of July week off – paid
• Extensive remote onboarding program and virtual employee engagement events
This specific role might not be for you, but maybe you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please forward this opportunity to anyone who wants to help Transform the Foundation of Commerce!
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.