Senior Revenue Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
Icertis is seeking a technically-savvy, customer-oriented and self-motivated Senior Revenue Manger to join our growing global Revenue Accounting team. This is a hands-on role that is a key accounting contributor to the application of ASC 606. In addition, you will assist in managing the revenue accounting operations, including customer contract review, month-end close procedures and the preparation of ASC 606 compliance analyses. You will assist in developing process improvements and automation to drive towards modernizing revenue accounting with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency. You will collaborate very closely with our domestic and international accounting teams as well as Sales, Revenue Operations, Legal and Finance.
The ideal candidate should have practical experience in researching, interpreting and applying ASC 606 to customer contracts that typically have modifications, explicit/implied performance obligations, material rights and variable considerations. Due to the fast-paced nature of a hyper-growth SaaS company, the candidate will need to be able to prioritize between competing demands yet provide the highest level of customer service. In addition, flexibility with working hours is a must to ensure effective collaboration with our international and domestic teams. Candidates must have an independent drive for operational excellence, bias for action and sense of urgency in delivering results. Candidates with Enterprise Software Industry experience strongly preferred.
This position can be remote within the US. #Remote-LI.
What you will do:
- Review contracts and modifications to determine appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with ASC 606
- Perform routine and ad hoc calculations and analyses including but not limited to SSP, SKU usage, variable considerations, rebates/discounts
- Review proposals and advise on revenue accounting implications prior to contract execution
- Research and document accounting conclusions in audit-ready memos
- Implement and monitor policies and procedures globally. This task also includes performing internal audits on various revenue transactions and account balances to ensure processes are compliant
- Participate and help manage revenue and billing systems automation, improvement and optimization
- Assist in SOX implementation and maintenance
- Assist in quarterly financial statements and disclosure requirements
- Work closely with the external audit team during quarterly review and annual audit requirements
- Assist in implementing and monitoring revenue accounting internal controls
- Effectively partnering with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements and implement best practices
- Overseeing month-end close processes to ensure the numbers are complete, accurate and reasonable in all material respect. This task requires close coordination with international accounting teams· Creating templates and other tools to help standardize audit-ready documentation
- Re-engineering O2R processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Building and validating routine/ad-hoc reporting deliverables
- Supervises Revenue Accounting Manager and Revenue Analyst
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or Chartered Accountant (Preferred)
- Minimum of 7+ years of progressive Accounting experience
- Enterprise Software Industry experience (Preferred)
- Strong understanding and experience working with ASC 606
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple projects while meeting set deadlines of team deliverables
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.