Enterprise Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
What We’re Building
Honeycomb defined the concept of observability and is raising expectations of what our developer tools can do! Honeycomb is the observability platform that enables engineering teams to find and solve problems they couldn't before. It enables engineers to answer novel questions about their ever-evolving cloud applications, so they can deploy confidently, resolve incidents faster and focus on high-value work that drives innovation. We’re working with well known companies like HelloFresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series D funding, scaled past the 150-person mark, and were named to Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022! We’re looking for an Account Executive (AE) to take advantage of our strong market position to drive sales. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that rewards initiative and judgment with autonomy and responsibility. You should love the thrill of the hunt, and should have experience bridging technical benefits with business cases
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.
What You'll do in the Role
- Articulate the Honeycomb product value proposition and tailor our ROI message to the customer’s discovered use case. Work with marketing to ensure a consistent feedback loop from the field.
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities within mid-market and large accounts
- Conduct discovery calls, presentations, and demos with a technical audience, while driving the conversation towards ROI and business pain.
- Navigate from individual contributors and practitioners to technical and business decision makers in the account.
- Focus on customers’ satisfaction. Know the customer’s business and workflows, develop proper contact network within accounts.
- Develop expansion opportunities from our existing customer base to land upsells.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts, based on evidence and not hope, and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities.
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Engineering, Marketing, Product, Customer Success) to efficiently navigate sales cycles.
- Track all opportunity and customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce.
- Work strategically with management to identify trending opportunities/challenges, and provide recommended solutions.
- Contribute to post-mortem analysis on wins/losses
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Ensure the successful implementation and adoption of Honeycomb through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and support resources
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas
- Travel as necessary to accounts in order to develop relationships and close large opportunities
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in a closing role at a SaaS Solution. Preferably at an APM, Monitoring or Log Management SaaS provider and with a record of exceeding quota
- Strong focus and success in out bounding and leading the sales motion within Enterprise accounts
- A strong understanding of the software development life cycle, preferably gained by selling software products that target a part of it.
- Experience managing a sale that involves technical integration prior to purchase.
- Experience working with customer champion to scope an achievable, valuable POC to appeal to the buyer. Proven ability to deepen the relationship with technical buyers as well as the ability to engage with Economic buyers with in an Enterprise.
- Experience working within a Sales Methodology, preferably Command of the Message and MEDDPICC.
- Understanding the importance and impact of being able to team effectively with cross functional partners.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- Able to provide high degree of major account management and control
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator (written/verbal), strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
What You'll get when you join the Hive
- OTE for this role is $250,000- 300,000 based on level of experience ( Base+ Commission). Additional compensation will include generous employee equity.
- A stake in our success - generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are - our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market - no matter where you live (or move)!
- 401k plan to help you plan for your future
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance and 75% for dependents
- Time To Recharge - Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 19 US Holidays in 2023 (which includes a company wide break at the end of the year to help you relax and recharge for the new year), and one 3-day weekend per month
- Pick Your Perk - $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) - so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don't need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.ioto discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better - we want to know!