Senior Level Designer - Mobile Games
Welcome to Homa, the gaming technology lab that is taking the industry by storm!
Our team of over 200 people, hailing from more than 35 different countries, is dedicated to empowering mobile game creators worldwide to bring their creative ideas to the top charts.
Our Homa Lab platform offers a comprehensive suite of cutting-edge tools that allow developers to stay on top of the latest trends, test new features in real time, and easily distribute and monetize their games. Our success speaks for itself - our apps have been downloaded over 1 billion times!
Since our inception, we have raised $165 million in total from prominent investors, including Headline, Northzone, Eurazeo, Singular, Quadrille Capital, Fabric Ventures, and Bpifrance. We have also received support from renowned business angels, such as the founders of King, Sorare, and Spotify founders.
But what really makes Homa special is our team. We are a diverse group of artists, business developers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and former strategy consultants who all share the same passion for taking over the gaming industry. When you become part of Homa, you'll be joining a dedicated team that creates innovative and high-performing games that resonate with players worldwide.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and make a real impact in the company, then Homa is the perfect place for you. Join us and let's create the future of gaming together!
Role and Missions — What you will do 🚀
We are looking for a talented Level Designer to design levels for a super promising mobile hybridcasual puzzle game! You will work with our custom level editor to create fun and engaging levels. The position can be remote, but you must be located in a timezone close to Europe.
More concretely, you will be in charge of:
- Designing levels for a hybridcasual puzzle game using the level editor prepared by our in-house team
- Balancing the diversity and difficulty of levels
- Coming up with new level mechanics
- Analyzing the data of real users going through the level progression to identify areas of improvement for the retention and monetization of players
- Organizing internal playtests to make a first evaluation of the quality and interest of the balancing of levels
- Setting the order of levels to create an ideal progression for the player
If you’re creative, ambitious, and up for taking over the industry, we want you on our team! We are also looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with level design in casual puzzle games - Strong track record is required
- Great feel for level design and an understanding of what makes a level fun
- Strong analytcal skills and ability to define key data to assess if levels are well designed/balanced
- Experience using custom Level Editor in Unity
- Team-player & openess to feedback from the Product Team working on the game
- Fluent in English - French is a plus
Our Culture—Who we are🪐
At Homa, we value brains over backgrounds and determination over degrees. We believe actual growth results from diversity — nationalities, backgrounds, skill sets, and personal experiences — all working towards a single objective. If you’ve got the smarts, energy, and motivation, no barriers keep you from going far.
We are the people behind the platform - the creative specialists giving creators the data needed to power up their creativity. At Homa, we live by the three central values:
- Ambition: we put flags on summits. We set our goals ambitiously high and don’t shy away from the climb. We’re on a mission to take over an industry thick with incumbents who won’t go quietly into the night. To succeed here, you’ll need a highly metaphorical shield and a sword.
- Humility: we put our egos aside. We put our hands up. First to volunteer to help, second to high-five. Having an ego is natural, but letting it run the show is unhelpful to everyone. In the words of Mr. Lamar: Sit down. Be humble.
- Curiosity: we keep our eyes open. We believe the best way to know anything is to question everything. And to do that, you need open eyes and open minds at all times.
Success is its own reward, but here are the perks as well:
- We offer essential benefits in France and specific locations, including health insurance, meal vouchers, public transport subsidies, childcare benefits, and life insurance
- If you're interested in working from our newly renovated Paris HQ with a rooftop garden and WeWork amenities, we have a desk waiting for you
- You will be working in English with our international team of top-tier talents from 35+ countries
- You will have quarterly reviews with your manager to reflect on your performance, celebrate wins, and receive constructive feedback
- You will be able to attend diverse team events and Workations (the famous company-wide Homa trip).