Legal Assistant - Internship
Welcome to Homa, the gaming technology lab that is taking the industry by storm! Our team of over 200 people, hailing from more than 35 different countries, is dedicated to empowering mobile game creators worldwide to bring their creative ideas to the top charts.
Our Homa Lab platform offers a comprehensive suite of cutting-edge tools that allow developers to stay on top of the latest trends, test new features in real-time, and easily distribute and monetize their games. Our success speaks for itself - our apps have been downloaded over 1 billion times!
Since our inception, we have raised $165 million in total from prominent investors, including Headline, Northzone, Eurazeo, Singular, Quadrille Capital, Fabric Ventures, and Bpifrance. We have also received support from renowned business angels, such as the founders of King, Sorare, and Spotify founders.
But what really makes Homa special is our team. We are a diverse group of artists, business developers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and former strategy consultants who all share the same passion for taking over the gaming industry. When you become part of Homa, you'll be joining a dedicated team that creates innovative and high-performing games that resonate with players worldwide.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and make a real impact in the company, then Homa is the perfect place for you. Join us and let's create the future of gaming together!
Meet the team - Who you will work with 👩👩👧👧
You will join our Legal team, a fundamental and essential pillar of our company. The team is composed of one person, Jessica Giraud, our legal expert, and your future manager. It's a great opportunity to receive detailed guidance and get hands-on learning experience from a professional.
Role and Missions - What you will do 🚀
As a Legal Intern, you will be an integral part, assisting in the day-to-day business and dealing with a very diverse range of legal topics and tasks to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, protect the company's intellectual property, manage contracts and agreements, and address legal issues that may arise.
Your missions will be the following:
- Organize a legal repository and a library of contracts
- Participate in the drafting and negotiation of business contracts
- Provide answers to legal questions from operational staff
- Assist with disputes and litigation matters
- Conduct legal research, draft notes and procedures
- Ensure the follow-up of the GDPR program
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
Preferred Experience - What's your profile 👀
We are always excited to welcome new interns who are curious, motivated, eager to learn, and passionate. Overall, we are looking for interns willing to take on new challenges, and committed to making the most of their internship experience.
If you recognize yourself in the following description, you're the one!
- Currently enrolled in your final year of a Master's degree program in Business Law, Intellectual Property Law, Commercial Law, Civil Law, or IT Law or DJCE.
- Good knowledge of classic start-ups Saas or tools (Gsuite, Notion, Slack, Asana).
- Experience dealing with IP/IT legal issues - or good knowledge and practices.
- Familiarity with data protection law and corporate (M&A) is a plus (preferably in tech )
- Prior experience either in a law firm or an internship in a company operating in Tech or within the gaming industry (PC or mobile) is preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication, as well as, strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of confidentiality and adaptability, willing to learn on a diverse range of topics.
- Availability to attend onsite in our Paris offices and commit for 6 months full-time.
- Speaking English and French fluently is a must.
Our Culture - Who we are🪐
At Homa, we are building a community of brilliant talents. We believe that true innovation comes from diversity and collaboration, and that's why we prioritize brainpower and determination over formal education. So if you have the talent, energy, and motivation, there is no obstacle to your success here.
As the creative experts behind the platform, we provide developers with the data they need to bring their ideas to life. Our team lives by three central values that guide everything we do:
✨Ambition: we're not afraid to tackle difficult challenges and set our goals extremely high. We're on a mission to revolutionize an industry dominated by well-established companies, and we won't stop until we succeed.
✨Humility: we leave our pride & ego aside. We are always ready to lend a helping hand, celebrate each other's successes, and learn from our failures. As Mr. Lamar said, "Sit down. Be humble."
✨Curiosity: we keep our minds open and never stop learning. We believe that questioning everything is the best way to stay ahead of the curve, and we encourage all our team members to stay curious and never stop exploring new ideas.
At Homa, you'll be challenged, supported, and inspired every day, and we can't wait to see what you bring to the table.
Perks & Benefits - What we offer 🎁
While success is its own reward, here are some of the benefits that come with working at Homa:
- We offer essential benefits in France: including health insurance, meal vouchers, public transport subsidies, childcare benefits, and life insurance
- Working from our newly renovated Paris HQ with a rooftop garden and WeWork amenities, we have a desk waiting for you
- You will be working in English with our international team of top-tier talents from 35+ countries
- You will be able to attend diverse team events and Workations (the famous company-wide Homa trip)