Senior Product Manager, Accounting
Accounting & Finance, Product
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Heard is an all-in-one financial solution for therapists that combines software and human support to handle bookkeeping, taxes, payroll, and more. Our mission is to help therapists be therapists by acting as their financial back office to empower therapists to spend less time running their business and more time giving clients the help and support they need through an affordable, easy-to-use software tool with real-time human support.
Heard is growing rapidly, and could use your expertise to help us become an industry-leading software services provider for independent mental health practitioners!
Our Product team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to support our Accounting products. In this role you’ll be partnering closely with internal stakeholders in Engineering, Operations, Growth and more to improve automation workflows and user experience.
- You are responsible for the core experience that is the backbone of Heard - the Accounting product powers all other products, features, and systems at Heard, and is foundational to how we deliver value to our customers
- You will own and drive the strategy, roadmap and priorities in close collaboration with your cross-functional stakeholders
- You will be foundational in driving our strategy for scale, and evolve how accounting works at Heard
- You will drive effectiveness and efficiency with data, defining key metrics for accounting success, and working with third party vendors to deliver an accurate financial system
- You will be integral to defining and evolving how the greater product organization works together
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally in a complex subject matter or industry
- Experience working with automating complex, logic-based workflows
- Experience integrating third party APIs
- Experience with fintech, accounting-tech, HR-tech and/or other similar industries, a plus
- A relentless focus on understanding the why behind the problems our customers face, and a keen understanding of how to translate loft and ambitious solutions into measurable milestones
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust and empathize with internal stakeholders
- Ability to translate complex subjects, such as accounting, into simple product flows
- Proven track record of successfully launching and scaling complex software products
- Self-driven with a sense of urgency
- Keen eye for details and edge cases
- Passion for creating exceptional and intuitive user experiences, and a willingness to advocate for it
What You Get in Return:
- Opportunity to revolutionize the mental health industry and build both relationships and teams that make a tangible impact on our customers and their patients
- An environment that prioritizes your psychological safety always. We empower team members to be relentlessly curious and act with 100% ownership, believing that we can go the extra mile, together
- Competitive salary package and benefits, which include flexible PTO, medical coverage, retirement support, and wellness stipends
Heard is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to build a workforce of individuals from different backgrounds, with different abilities, identities, and mindsets. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply!
Compensation is variable and is subject to a candidate’s personal qualifications and expectations. For candidates based in the SF Bay Area we offer the following base salary range: $140,000 - $160,000 per year.