Seasonal Tax Expert (Contract to Hire)
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Heard is an all-in-one financial solution for therapists that combines software and human support to handle bookkeeping, taxes, payroll, and more. Our mission is to help therapists be therapists by acting as their financial back office to empower therapists to spend less time running their business and more time giving clients the help and support they need through an affordable, easy-to-use software tool with real-time human support.
Heard is growing rapidly, and could use your expertise to help us become an industry-leading software services provider for independent mental health practitioners!
Do you have a mind for numbers and a heart for helping others? If you thrive in fast-paced environments and can navigate the complexities of the tax code with ease, then we have the perfect seasonal opportunity for you!
We're looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic customer support team during the peak tax season. As a Seasonal Tax Expert, you'll be the frontline advisor for our customers, providing clear and accurate tax guidance and support.
This is a seasonal position running from January 2024 to May 2024 with opportunity to transition into a full-time position (dependent on performance).
If you're a tax whiz with a passion for helping others, we encourage you to apply!
- Fielding therapist inquiries: Answer questions about tax forms, deductions, credits, and other tax-related topics
- Providing expert tax advice: Utilize your deep understanding of tax regulations to offer informed guidance and troubleshoot tax issues.
- Supporting therapists through annual tax season: Assist our customers in navigating our tax preparation checklists and software and ensure they're on the right track.
- Maintaining a positive and helpful attitude: Create a welcoming and supportive experience for every customer interaction.
- Staying up-to-date on tax changes: Continuously learn about new tax laws and regulations to provide the most accurate information.
- CPA or EA required.
- Require a minimum of 30 hours - 6 hours a day /5 days a week.
- Minimum 2 years of tax season experience with sole proprietors and S Corps.
- Extensive experience with tax preparation. Experience with US multi-state compliance.
- Strong attention to details, time and project management skills.
- Adaptability with ever changing tax laws and regulations and new learning opportunities.
- Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever changing work environment.
- Familiarity with modern ticketing, customer engagement, and CMS solutions within customer service environments such as Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud, or Help Scout.
- Demonstrated product or customer service experience, preferably in a SaaS B2B setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What You Get In Return
- Opportunity to revolutionize the mental health industry and build both relationships and teams that make a tangible impact on our customers and their patients.
- An environment that prioritizes your psychological safety always.
- We empower team members to be relentlessly curious and act with 100% ownership, believing that we can go the extra mile, togetherCompetitive contractor package.
Heard is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to build a workforce of individuals from different backgrounds, with different abilities, identities, and mindsets. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply!
Compensation is variable and is subject to a candidate’s personal qualifications and expectations. For this seasonal contract position, the hourly rate ranges from $40-$45/hour based on location.