Tax Operations Specialist
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Heard is an all-in-one financial solution for therapists that combines software and human support to handle bookkeeping, taxes, payroll, and more. Our mission is to help therapists be therapists by acting as their financial back office to empower therapists to spend less time running their business and more time giving clients the help and support they need through an affordable, easy-to-use software tool with real-time human support.
Heard is growing rapidly, and could use your expertise to help us become an industry-leading software services provider for independent mental health practitioners!
The Tax Operations Specialist will be an integral part of the Tax Operations team, responsible for supporting various aspects of tax-related processes within the organization. The role involves supporting various private practice owners that specialize in mental health care, reporting and relaying updates to leadership and assisting with relevant audits or projects. You are someone who is reliable, dedicated and a quick learner. This role would report directly to our Senior Manager of Tax Operations.
- Responsible for the investigation, management, and resolution of client questions via ZenDesk. This includes, but is not limited to topics such as: Annual taxes, S Corp elections and Quarterly Tax Estimates
- Utilize all internal tools & defined processes to ensure optimal productivity
- Partner with Tax Operations to scale tax compliance, drive initiatives, and continually update internal knowledge bases
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in our Support, Accounting, and Tax Operations teams to facilitate cross functional training and/or initiatives
- Work closely with the Tax Operations Team to ensure timely and accurate tax returns
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in US Accounting or Taxation 2+ years of relevant experience with a major accounting or tax firm, or equivalent (preferably in a SaaS B2B setting
- Strong understanding of Tax best practices for Sole Proprietorships and S Corporations
- Corporate and personal income taxation (1040 and 1120-s tax entities)
- Knowledge of indirect tax is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively and empathetically, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, prioritize work for customers under tight timelines, and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Strong knowledge of basic computer applications (GSuite) and the ability to learn and use multiple applications specific to this department (ZenDesk, Slack, etc.)
- Demonstrated product or customer service experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Cool, calm, and collected in light of conflict resolution and juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Completed or near completion of CPA designation, or EA designation
- Accounting knowledge for income and corporate taxes under IFRS or US GAAP an asset
Nice to have:
What You Get in Return
- Opportunity to revolutionize the mental health industry and build both relationships and teams that make a tangible impact on our customers and their patients
- An environment that prioritizes your psychological safety always. We empower team members to be relentlessly curious and act with 100% ownership, believing that we can go the extra mile, together
- Competitive salary package and benefits, which include flexible PTO, medical coverage, retirement support, and wellness stipends
Heard is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to build a workforce of individuals from different backgrounds, with different abilities, identities, and mindsets. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply!
The expected budget for this position is a base salary of $45-55k annually. Compensation is variable and is subject to a candidate’s personal qualifications and expectations.