Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Heard is an all-in-one financial solution for therapists that combines software and human support to handle bookkeeping, taxes, payroll, and more. Our mission is to help therapists be therapists by acting as their financial back office to empower therapists to spend less time running their business and more time giving clients the help and support they need through an affordable, easy-to-use software tool with real-time human support.
Heard is growing rapidly, and could use your expertise to help us become an industry-leading software services provider for independent mental health practitioners!
The Payroll Specialist will be owning the payroll onboarding process, end to end, supporting various private practice owners. You are someone who is reliable, dedicated, and a quick learner. You will be responsible for supporting clients, reporting and relaying updates to leadership, and performing quarterly & year-end audits. You will be reporting directly to our Onboarding and Payroll Manager.
- Responsible & accountable for the payroll & audit function of multiple clients
- Utilize all internal tools & defined processes to ensure optimal productivity
- Stay up-to-date on payroll requirements and ensure compliance
- Investigate payroll issues and conflicts
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that high-quality customer service for payroll is considered in business decisions
- Responding to client inquiries via ZenDesk
- 2+ years of experience in payroll processes/operations or a related field
- Demonstrated product or customer service experience, preferable in a SaaS B2B setting
- Strong understanding of Payroll best practices, including: Applying payroll remittances - year end (or monthly), payroll adjustments, proficiency in researching payroll compliance legislations on a federal/state level and understanding of payroll notices and forms
- Excellent communicator, interpersonal, with a process-improvement mindset
- Great team player who is also comfortable working independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detailCool, calm, and collected in light of conflict resolution and juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Familiarity with Gusto is preferred
What You Get in Return
- Opportunity to revolutionize the mental health industry and build both relationships and teams that make a tangible impact on our customers and their patients
- An environment that prioritizes your psychological safety always. We empower team members to be relentlessly curious and act with 100% ownership, believing that we can go the extra mile, together
- Competitive salary package and benefits, which include flexible PTO, medical coverage, retirement support, and wellness stipends
Heard is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to build a workforce of individuals from different backgrounds, with different abilities, identities, and mindsets. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply!
Compensation is variable and is subject to a candidate’s personal qualifications and expectations. For candidates based in the US or Canada, we offer the following base salary range: $60,000 - $90,000 per year, depending on location.