Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
The Knowledge Manager role within the Customer Experience team at Heard oversees the external customer-facing documentation that our customers use to learn how to use Heard effectively and the internal knowledge that helps us provide high quality support more easily and more consistently. The role is responsible for ensuring that content is timely and accurate by implementing a knowledge management framework for periodically reviewing and updating documentation.
In this capacity, the Knowledge Manager will work closely with Support Leadership and other leaders within our Central Operations team to ensure that our documentation is effectively deflecting customer tickets that can be addressed via improved documentation. The Knowledge Manager may also help with implementation and management of automated support flows within Zendesk’s messaging service to help with deflection of tickets.
This role will also work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure that their needs are being met by our documentation, and will collaborate on an ongoing basis with our Product and Marketing teams to prepare documentation updates for every major feature release.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge management framework for proactively ensuring the health of our customer-facing content through rolling audits of documentation and reactively improving documentation through a structured feedback workflow
- Develop strategies for improving the quality of content being produced and for promoting usage of that content within Heard and with our customers
- Collaborate with our Onboarding lead to ensure we have content that supplements the guided onboarding users receive throughout their onboarding journey, and with our Marketing team to ensure our published knowledge base content supports their efforts
- Work with Product and Marketing to prepare and publish comprehensive documentation to coincide with major product launches and iterative releases
- Work closely with Support Leadership and Central Operations teams to identify opportunities for ticket deflection and produce documentation to assist with deflection
- Identify KPIs and metrics that can be used to measure the health of our customer- facing content and the success of our deflection strategies
- Develop and maintain strong product knowledge and become an expert on the use of Heard, and build domain knowledge in accounting, finance, and tax to collaborate more effectively with subject matter experts within the organization
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and excel at technical communication
- You love learning a product inside and out, and educating customers on exciting new features and industry best practices
- You’ve implemented knowledge management frameworks and are familiar with Knowledge Centered Support best practices
- You would describe yourself as operationally-minded and customer-centric
- You’re familiar with Zendesk Support and Zendesk Guide and have managed content using Zendesk Guide in a previous role
- You enjoy both devising content strategies and authoring content
- Accounting, finance, or tax background with domain knowledge in business entities, bookkeeping, tax preparation