Full Stack Software Engineer, Growth
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Heard is an all-in-one financial solution for therapists that combines software and human support to handle bookkeeping, taxes, payroll, and more. Our mission is to help therapists be therapists by acting as their financial back office to empower therapists to spend less time running their business and more time giving clients the help and support they need through an affordable, easy-to-use software tool with real-time human support.
Heard is growing rapidly, and could use your expertise to help us become an industry-leading software services provider for independent mental health practitioners!
We seek a dynamic and forward-thinking Mid-Level Software Engineer (D3) with at least three years of experience to join our innovative team. If you are an entrepreneurial-minded individual with a passion for building and creating from the ground up, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
The Growth Team at Heard is dedicated to propelling the future vision of our platform by spearheading the development and execution of actionable, data-driven strategies. Operating with an entrepreneurial mindset, our team constantly endeavors to validate user value by swiftly implementing and testing innovative theories. With a core focus on user-centric validation, our approach revolves around the question, "How can we swiftly introduce this to our users to validate its value?" Notable past projects include:
• Introduction of new subscription tiers.
• The strategic overhaul of account and subscription data logic.
• The implementation of onboarding fees within the signup process.
• The creation of intuitive, self-guided onboarding processes.
Join our team to be at the forefront of shaping the future landscape of Heard, where your contributions will play a pivotal role in driving our continued growth and success.
Our Core Values
- Focus on the customer
- Psychological safety always
- Go the extra mile, together
- Be relentlessly curious
- 100% ownership
Key Responsibilities & Competencies
- You will specialize in the tech stack pertinent to the growth team by becoming the go-to expert and taking the initiative to acquire new ones.
- You will design systems by formulating and implementing medium to large-scale features while reducing technical debt.
- You will proactively support and aid fellow team members and facilitate their success.
- You will challenge and question the Growth team's processes, seeking avenues for improvement.
- You will positively influence and affect the entire team, not just specific components of it.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer or with experience with languages such as typescript.
- Proven experience building complex systems making decisions on scope, architecture, feasibility, and tradeoffs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking a feature from idea to production.
- Observant and detail-oriented
- Ability to write easily maintainable, well-structured code. You enjoy discussing the pros and cons of various architectural implementations.
- Business-minded, you consider the business impact when solving technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a knack for teaching and sharing your knowledge
- Comfortable with regularly providing feedback and open to receiving feedback
- Experience in FinTech or working with products that have handled financial information before.
What You Get in Return
- Opportunity to revolutionize the mental health industry and build both relationships and teams that make a tangible impact on our customers and their patients
- An environment that prioritizes your psychological safety always. We empower team members to be relentlessly curious and act with 100% ownership, believing that we can go the extra mile, together
- Competitive salary package and benefits, which include flexible PTO, medical coverage, retirement support, and wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthcare and dental
- Mental Wellness Stipend
- Remote Work Stipend
Heard is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to build a workforce of individuals from different backgrounds, with different abilities, identities, and mindsets. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply!
Compensation is variable and is subject to a candidate’s personal qualifications and expectations.