Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Alaska and Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
GRIN is experiencing substantial growth within our Finance division, and we are in search of an accomplished Accounting Manager to lead our expanding team. As an integral part of our company's growth story, you’ll report to our Controller and oversee accounting operations, drive strategic initiatives, and champion process enhancements, contributing significantly to our scalability and success.
As the Accounting Manager, you'll assume a leadership role, directing the accounting team and overseeing a spectrum of financial functions. Your responsibilities will encompass month end reporting, team management, process optimization, compliance adherence, and fostering cross-departmental collaborations to fortify our financial infrastructure.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee monthly financial close processes, including journal entries, reconciliations, reporting, and flux analyses.
- Lead month-end duties and adhere to a close checklist and calendar in Floqast.
- Prepare financial statements and conduct flux analysis with comprehensive business commentary.
- Supervise and manage the Senior Accountant role, overseeing day-to-day task allocation, providing guidance on complex accounting matters, conducting performance reviews, and ensuring adherence to accounting principles and company policies.
- Oversee the Procure-to-Pay function, ensuring accurate vendor invoice coding by the senior accountant and maintaining a strong Days Payable Outstanding while meeting vendor deadlines.
- Review and execute reclassification entries for proper transaction coding to GL accounts.
- Collaborate with FP&A and cross-functional teams for accrual completeness and monthly flux analysis.
- Lead annual audit readiness and execution, preparing supporting audit schedules.
- Support tax/compliance filings, ensuring compliance for 1099s, franchise taxes, and sales tax.
- Perform annual nexus study and ensure quarterly tax calendar maintenance.
- Proactively identify issues, optimizing accounting systems and automation processes.
- Contribute to developing, implementing, and documenting new policies and procedures.
- Drive and complete special projects; aid in their successful execution.
- Perform assigned accounting functions—recording, reconciling, and analyzing transactions.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, researching and documenting issues, special audits, etc.
- Contribute to departmental and organizational special projects, providing objective analysis for decision-making.
- Assist in developing, rolling out, and continuously improving procedures, accounting memos, and internal control documentation.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA designation or CPA candidate is a plus
- 1-2 years Audit Experience and ideally Industry (SaaS) experience, preferably in the tech industry working in a fast-paced environment
- 4-7 years of progressive experience; a combination of public accounting and industry experience required
- Minimum of 1+ years of managerial experience directly overseeing and guiding accountant-level work, demonstrating strong leadership abilities, task delegation skills, and a comprehensive understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Experience in a high growth, fast-paced startup environment
- Familiar with ASC 606/350 treatment for SaaS companies
- Experience with ERP and finance software and tools
- Ability to leverage technology (Excel, Google Sheets) effectively and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and data integrity; excellent reconciliation skills
- Ability to think independently, maintain tight deadlines, and solve problems proactively
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and prioritize appropriately
- Passion for influencer marketing and/or technology
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus company match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity