Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Alaska and Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
GRIN is seeking an Engineering Manager to provide hands-on technical leadership to a team developing and building core platform products. We look for Engineering Leaders with the highest levels of technical talent, hands-on programming skills, and a keen desire to deeply understand our product.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers to ensure we are building world-class SaaS products. You’ll be empowered to think outside the box and add your vision, passion, and interests to the software development lifecycle.
As a manager at GRIN, you will help maintain the GRIN culture while influencing the trajectory of an ambitious tech startup. We are a fast-paced, fun organization going through rapid growth and solving technical challenges at an exponential scale. This is a rare opportunity to join a high growth startup that is looking to give you a career-changing impact on the business.
The objective of our Product Development team is to deliver a world-class product that establishes GRIN as the undisputed market leader of Creator Management. Our teams are separated into four product development pods, with product management, engineering leadership, product designers, SRE, test engineers, and software engineers making up a pod. We are hiring for engineering managers on our Value and Expand pods.
Launch: The Launch pod is responsible for enabling customers to achieve value quickly through frictionless onboarding.
Scale: The Scale pod delivers innovative features that allow experienced users to manage larger programs with ease.
Expand: The Expand pod is focused on developing new features and products to help our customers accomplish more with one efficient suite of tools.
Value: The Value pod is responsible for showcasing the value that creator management and GRIN bring to our customers across all marketing channels.
What You'll Do:
- Build, lead, and hire a high-caliber team of software engineers to build SaaS and while contributing to technical implementations.
- Design, develop, test, release, and scale new product features.
- Be accountable for project estimation and delivering to plan.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
Who You Are:
- You lead a team of engineers to design, build and operate full stack SaaS applications
- Great at diving into the deepest levels of how things work
- Energized through delivery on aggressive schedules and goals, able to motivate your team to be as well
- Can weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years experience designing and building scalable enterprise software, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages: VueJS, React, Angular
- Experience with PHP and Laravel
- Experience in Technical Leadership or a Staff/Principal Engineering role driving technical work for a full-stack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers
- Have solid experience in large-scale and complex systems that deliver critical impact to the business
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching, and developing top engineering talent
- Have experience in driving, executing, and delivering high-quality technical solutions
- Ability to provide honest, direct, and actionable feedback to the team and follow up with relevant coaching and guidance
- Experience supporting coaching members of your team around project execution, skill development, and career progression
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus company match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity