Sr. Financial Analyst, GTM
Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Alaska and Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
GRIN is growing rapidly, and the Financial Planning & Analysis team is looking for an accomplished Sr. Financial Analyst to provide critical financial support to the Go-to-Market organization. As GRIN’s Senior Financial Analyst, you will play a key role in providing insightful financial and operational metrics leading to data driven business decisions for the GTM organization. You will provide financial support to the entire GTM organization which includes Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Revenue Operations. This newly created role will report to the Sr. Manager, FP&A and will be in a unique position to lead forecasting and budgeting, streamline executive financial reporting, and partner directly with the GTM leadership team on strategic analysis. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience of working with a fast growing GTM organization associated with a SaaS business model.
Who You Are:
- You have a solid understanding of SaaS business metrics and Sales KPIs
- You are passionate about supporting a GTM organization through rapid growth
- You are curious and enjoy rolling up your sleeves to uncover insights to drive the business forward
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better
- You are comfortable with getting in the weeds while seeing the bigger picture
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well
What You'll Do:
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting with meaningful insight into trends and key operating metrics, including sales pipeline, new ARR, sales efficiency, sales productivity, customer churn, headcount, budget and expense management, etc.
- Partner with GTM leaders to formulate and execute sales strategies that will improve sales productivity and unit economics
- Support strategic business decisions through financial modeling and analysis; identify areas of risk and opportunity and proactively provide suggestions for action and improvement
- Own and manage full-cycle budget planning and reporting with the GTM leadership team (including month end reporting and variance analysis)
- Participate in the company’s annual strategic and operating plan, including budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning support
- Assist with finance integration activities, which may include cross-functional software solutions and processes
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience in FP&A, strategic planning, corporate finance, management consulting, or investment banking
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting, or other quantitative field (CS, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Demonstrated problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and critical thinking with the ability to self-serve, investigate, and analyze metrics
- Ability to work independently, think through complex problems, and navigate ambiguity
- Experience with financial planning software, financial systems, and BI tools (Tableau is a plus)
- Experience working at a SaaS company and familiarity with SaaS metrics
- Experience supporting a GTM organization and solid understanding of Sales KPIs
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus company match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity