Senior Data Scientist - Advertising Technology (AdTech)
Marketing & Communications, IT, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Gopuff is a leading on-demand delivery service that specializes in delivering a wide range of everyday essentials directly to customers' doorsteps. With a diverse catalog of products, including groceries, household items, snacks, drinks, and more, Gopuff has become a convenient and reliable solution for people looking to get what they need quickly and conveniently, all at the touch of a button.
At Gopuff, our mission is to make life easier for our customers by providing them with fast and convenient access to the products they use daily. We understand that modern life can be hectic, and there are times when you need essential items delivered promptly.
As a Senior Data Scientist specializing in Search Ads Optimization at Gopuff, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development of advanced algorithms and models for improving search-related recommendations, query-product mapping, ad ranking, and pricing optimization. Your work will directly impact our advertising strategies and the success of our search ad campaigns. You'll have the opportunity to take ownership of projects from inception to production and collaborate with cross-functional teams to make a significant difference in the world of advertising technology.
- Enhance customer shopping experience by providing relevant search ads, and maximize ads clicks and conversions.
- Create cutting-edge algorithms and models for query understanding, query-product mapping, search ads ranking, and optimization.
- Identify bid and budget upsell opportunities for daily active flights, and give users actionable recommendations for boosting delivery results.
- Collaborate closely with the ads business, engineering, and data teams to deploy data-driven solutions using cloud-based technologies such as Snowflake, Databricks, and Azure.
- Analyze complex data sets to extract actionable insights and provide recommendations to shape the search advertising technology roadmap.
- Stay at the forefront of advancements in machine learning and data science techniques and identify opportunities for their application in Search Ads Optimization.
- MS or Ph.D. in statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, or other quantitative fields.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in data science with a focus on AdTech, search ads optimization, recommendation systems, or related areas.
- Proven track record in building and deploying models in production environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to design algorithms and analyze their complexity.
- A customer-centric mindset, with the ability to address customer challenges and enhance the overall search advertising experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of conveying complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
If you are a self-driven, results-oriented data scientist with a passion for search advertising technology, we invite you to join our team. Help us shape the future of search ads optimization and be part of our dynamic and innovative AdTech division. Apply now to make an impact and drive change in the world of advertising technology at Gopuff.
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem solving and in-person collaborating to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) from one of our 8 hub locations!
Northeast: Philadelphia, PA; Boston, MA; Washington DC; New York, NY
West Coast: San Francisco, CA; Concord, CA; Seattle, WA
Miami: Aventura, FL
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.