Head of Delivery Operations
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Gopuff is an innovative and rapidly evolving company operating at the intersection of technology, retailing and last mile fulfillment in the grocery delivery space. We are dedicated to redefining the way products are delivered to customers, leveraging cutting-edge technology and a customer-centric approach.
As we expand our operations, we are looking for a strategic, dynamic and experienced Head of Delivery Operations. In this role you will responsible for overseeing and optimizing the entire delivery process, ensuring efficient and timely delivery of products or services to customers. This role involves strategic planning, coordination with various departments, and implementation of best practices to enhance operational efficiency.
- You will be responsible for the availability, reliability and efficiency of our delivery network.
- Your goal is to formulate and implement a self-regulating mechanism that balances the supply-demand for our Delivery Partners, aiming to optimise service levels, enhance Delivery Partner satisfaction, and improve overall network efficiency.
- You will manage Delivery Operations Associates responsible for different parts of the team: Supply & Retention, Compliance & Intelligence, Payments & Support.
- You will determine the Delivery Partner need of each store / time of day and subsequently develop onboarding pipelines and incentive schemes to deliver the target.
- As a global leader in Delivery Operations, you will influence the global product roadmap, prioritising the requirements of the UK, and sharing insights that can prove beneficial for other markets.
- You will manage relationships with key external stakeholders and oversee strategic partnerships for the Delivery Operations team.
- You will report to the business on a daily basis on the performance of our network and have the full P&L responsibility for budgeting and delivering annual operating plans.
- Experience: 5+ years working in start-up operations or analytics teams, preferably exposure to last mile logistics.
- Management: ability to manage direct reports effectively. This is not an Independent Contributor position.
- Communication Skills: able to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner to a wider audience. Can keep the audience engaged, and curious to hear more. Know when to go into detail and when to stay high level.
- Analytics: able to use large data sets to extract information to identify and resolve issues. Able to pragmatically prioritise to deliver highest impact actions through analysis.
- Tools: Highest proficiency in MS Excel / Google Sheets is required. Looker and SQL skills highly desirable.
Benefits: We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Mental health support to all eligible employees.
- Company RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units)
- Career growth opportunities
- Annual performance appraisal and bonus
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.