Director of FP&A, Retail
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
About BevMo! + Gopuff: BevMo! is the number one specialty beverage retailer on the West Coast, with over 160 locations in California, Arizona, and Washington which we acquired in 2020.
Who are we? Gopuff is the fastest-growing solution in the instant needs category, meeting the needs of our customers through grocery essentials, pet and baby products, alcoholic beverages, and much more. Operating in over 650 US cities and internationally with over 300 fulfillment centers and nearly 200 retail locations, we meet the customer where they are by providing an outstanding customer experience through 30-minute delivery, buy online, pick up in-store, ship to home, or in-person experience in our retail stores.
As the Director of FP&A for BevMo! + Gopuff, you will have full P&L responsibility for all 200+ retail locations. As BevMo’s FP&A leader you will partner with BevMo’s leadership team on a broad spectrum of strategic initiatives. This role provides financial and business insights to facilitate decision-making to help drive overall company performance. You will have broad ownership and influence across strategic and operational components of the business with the ability to directly impact the P&L and the consumer. We are looking for a resourceful candidate who is data-driven, creative, a problem-solver, and a self-starter. You’ll succeed in this role if: you are a builder who thrives in fast-paced environments, you enjoy working across teams to execute solutions, you’re collaborative, process-driven, and decisive.
- Lead efficient business unit financial processes including budgeting, forecasting, resource allocation, and performance management across merchandising, marketing, and operations.
- Communicate financial results and insights to a wide range of leadership within the business unit through concise and effective storytelling of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow drivers
- Leverage collaborative relationships with accounting, business leaders, and executives to identify the right metrics and KPIs to support Merchandising, Marketing, and Operations
- Set financial targets working closely with senior leaders to ensure the company meets its short- and long-term financial objectives while remaining aligned with Gopuff’s strategic direction
- Drive standardization of ROI methodology, including the development of critical metrics that evaluate performance with robust post-mortem analyses
- Create a culture of finance stewardship across the organization through development of educational tools that increase financial literacy and discipline
- Support ad hoc projects through thought partnership and rigorous financial analysis, enabling effective decision-making across a variety of settings
- Drive field finance through P&L reporting and analysis for merchandisers and field leaders
- Partner with senior leaders to identify opportunities for improved scalability, profitability, and defensibility of our business model
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Math or a related field is required
- 7+ years of FP&A professional experience is required, retail experience preferred
- Strong Financial Analysis skills using large data sets and Excel is required
- Strong PowerPoint capability and ability to tell a story through language and charts is required
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time is required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with limited direction
- Experience in the alcohol beverage industry is preferred
- MBA is preferred
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
- Remote - Salary Range (varies based on a cost of labor index for geographic area within United States): $147,600 - $193,000
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.