Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Join Gopuff as a Financial Accountant where you will support the close and reporting process with responsibility for preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of accounting principles, audit accounting concepts, and the monthly close process. As part of the international accounting team, you will report to the international controller, and work with the wider team in Finance and Accounting. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.
As we continue our continued growth we are looking for talent to help us capitalize on our forward momentum. Our team is a tremendous group of individuals that hustles hard, strives for excellence and never accepts things as they are.
We are seeking a dynamic Financial Accountant to join our International Accounting & Finance team to build and maintain a best-in-class accounting function. The international accounting organization will support our local and international financial reporting, internal controls, intercompany and transfer pricing activities and also support new business launches through organic growth or acquisitions.
- Prepare and review month-end journals and reconciliations by working with different areas of the business to ensure all transactions are properly reflected.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the company's financial statements in accordance with the US GAAP and local GAAP standards.
- Prepare flux and variance explanations as part of the monthly close process.
- Prepare materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and annual basis.
- Prepare statutory adjustments for applicable entities.
- Review balances for certain areas of both US GAAP ledgers and Local GAAP ledgers to ensure any GAAP to STAT differences are timely addressed .
- Provide support for the annual US financial statement audit, periodic internal audits, and statutory audits.
- Build, document and support process improvements.
- Maintain the VAT register for VAT returns and submissions.
- Ad-hoc support to the International accounting team where required.
- Qualified or Part qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA, or ACA)
- Exceptional analytical and Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, VLookUps, etc.
- Working knowledge of management accounting and financial accounting
- Ability to work under pressure and perform several tasks concurrently in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, and superior attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Experience of Oracle and XERO is highly desirable.
Benefits: We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Mental health support to all eligible employees.
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Company RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units).
- Gopuff employee rewards (including some great brand partnership deals).
- Career growth opportunities.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.