Accountant (AP and GL)
Accounting & Finance
Concord, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Gopuff BevMo! is seeking an Accountant (Accounts Payable and General Ledger) to join our team in Concord, CA. This is a great opportunity to join an innovative retail company with physical store locations throughout California, Arizona, and Washington, combined with the Gopuff online delivery business. The Accountant position will report to our Accounting Manager.
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem solving and in-person collaborating to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our Concord, CA hub!
- Process indirect accounts payable, ensuring accuracy general ledger coding and timeliness of payments.
- Process employee expense reimbursements.
- Prepare monthly accruals.
- Prepare month-end journal entries with supporting documentation.
- Perform account reconciliations and analysis.
- Prepare reporting for areas of responsibility.
- Maintain fixed asset software ensuring proper depreciation of the company’s assets.
- Participate in annual audits, responding to auditor requests and inquiries.
- Participate in process and system improvements initiatives.
- Other various work and projects as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar degree is required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated accounting background, with the ability and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- Solid understanding of accounts payable, fixed assets and account reconciliations.
- Analytical and problem-solving skillset, with the ability to read, analyze, interpret, and explain financial data.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and highly developed organizational and follow-through skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong understanding of business processes and internal controls.
- Positive and infectious customer services attitude.
- Strong work ethic, with a do what it takes to get the job done mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the company.
- Experience with business software applications such as Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Sage FAS, or similar applications.
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
- Salary Range: $54,000 - $90,600
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.