Principal Software Engineer - Checkout Platform
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Gopuff’s engineering team is building solutions to dramatically change the way people purchase their daily goods. We provide the modern-day solution to meet customers' immediate everyday needs with products ranging from snacks and ice cream to household goods and beer, at the click of a button.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our Checkout Platform team responsible for architecting and improving the systems powering the shopping funnel backend at the core of the e-commerce experience across all of Gopuff. You will be designing and building a world-class platform that is massively scalable, extensible, highly reliable with a keen eye towards performance.
As part of this team, you will be designing and building backend services that utilize knowledge across multiple systems to provide trusted order invoicing factoring in pricing, discounting, taxation, payment processing, inventory validation, safe-guarding against fraud vectors and more.
In short, we are looking for people who are eager to help create the future of GoPuff!
The right candidate will be able to write code in a team environment where good work will improve our drivers’ lives by giving transparent, upfront pricing. A balance between delivering on commitments and collaboration among peers will be crucial to success in this role. We are biased towards action and your actions will matter. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great experiences within our growing engineering team.
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem-solving and in-person collaboration to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross-functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) from one of our 8 hub locations!
Northeast: Philadelphia, PA; Boston, MA; Washington DC; New York, NY
West Coast: San Francisco, CA; Concord, CA; Seattle, WA
Miami: Aventura, FL
- Promote and support Gopuff Engineering’s culture of inclusion and diversity.
- Engage in design and architectural review sessions with the team, participating in proof of concepts and pilot new technologies.
- Build, deploy, and maintain your own code.
- Support standard development practices including idiomatic syntax, design patterns, and Test driven development.
- Implement and Monitor analytics to ensure the correctness of the business process.
- Support services in production to maintain reliability and correctness including participating in team on-call rotations where necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field).
- 5-8 Years of production experience.
- Understand modern backend architectures.
- Hands-on with an Object Oriented Language such as Java or C++.
- Familiarity with data structures, algorithms, and databases (e.g.: Postgres, SQL, Mongo).
- Experience with message-based, async processing.
- Experience building highly scalable, high throughput systems.
- Experience building highly concurrent multithreaded architectures.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms in a production setting (Azure preferred)
- Experience with microservices and /or distributed systems.
- Experience with a Java framework a bonus (Micronaut, Quarkus, etc).
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
- Salary Range (varies based on a cost of labor index for geographic area within United States): $165,600 - $277,700.
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.