Retail Space Planning Manager
Concord, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Gopuff is the go-to solution for immediate everyday needs, fulfilling customer orders of cleaning and home products to over-the-counter medications to food and drinks, and in some markets, alcohol - in just minutes.As the Retail Design Manager for BevMo + Gopuff, you will oversee the development and implementation of the Space Planning function for all 160+ BevMo + Gopuff locations in California, Arizona, and Washington. The Space Planning position will provide organization and structure for how space is utilized in each store to maximize omnichannel sales, including walk-in retail sales. The position will report to the NA America Retail organization and will work cross-functionally with Merchandising, Supply Chain, Operations, Real Estate, and Marketing to design spaces within the retail stores to create an experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations while providing for an efficient operation.
In this role, you will conduct an initial assessment of existing space allocation at each location, develop a plan for improving the current state, and implement that plan in partnership with our Merchandising and Operations teams. You will be responsible for continuously assessing and optimizing space allocation throughout the life of each facility as products, categories, and customer needs change. In addition to developing and operationalizing planograms for each store, you will own the process of refreshing the design elements of each seasonal merchandising set.
- Develop merchandising floor plans by analyzing the performance of categories and stores, analyzing space needed for merchandise from available performance data, utilizing strategic merchandising objectives, evaluating the customer path, considering operational requirements, considering fixture needs, and creating detailed drawings
- Manage the database utilized to account for category space allocation by establishing space by store and category, capturing space changes as floor plans change, evaluating requests for space changes from stores, and making changes to the database as changes occur
- Developing precision planogram drawings of merchandising categories by utilizing strategic category objectives, analyzing item performance of existing items and projections of new items, establishing items to be deleted and added to the category, and evaluating space requirements
- Develop precision drawings of store-specific merchandising floor plans by analyzing store-specific facilities specifications, establishing the space needs of the specific store, evaluating tradeoffs of compromises required from the established prototype, evaluating local customer needs, and creating detailed drawings
- Constantly look for ways to innovate, improve, and lead the market in retail design
- Create the design and look/feel of each seasonal set, acquire and distribute decorative elements to stores based on the displays they have
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Business, or a related field
- 4 years of experience in Retail space management
- 5+ years of experience in Retail Design
- Experience with Space Planning Software
- Experience with Retail Merchandising and Store Setup
- Experience in the alcohol beverage department is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with limited direction
- Excellent prioritization and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others
- California-based candidate required
- Ability to travel regularly
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role
- Salary Range: $79,000 - $132,600
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.