People Operations & Compliance Associate
People & HR, Legal, Operations
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Gopuff is seeking a People Operations & Compliance Associate responsible for routine HR administration and compliance in support of employees, people leaders, and HR partners. The People Operations & Compliance Associate ensures that department policies and procedures are in compliance with various Human Resources and Labor laws, maintains ongoing compliance with all regulations that affect Gopuff and communicates any changes to the management team, and creates and facilitates reporting and analysis to evaluate strategic HR initiatives and drives efficiencies and compliance.
A successful candidate is customer-obsessed, a change agent who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has strong attention to detail and relationship-building skills combined with effective listening and communication skills.
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem solving and in-person collaborating to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) from our Philadelphia, PA hub office!
- Work with Legal on compliance reporting for federal and state.
- Lead the planning and execution of periodic Self-ID surveys of all US team members, including communications strategy and implementation.
- Manage HR compliance requirements such as proper personnel filing, wage and hour requirements, and audit checklists.
- Research, review, and assist in the development of written policies and processes to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Partner with applicable HR teams to identify possible process changes needed because of new or modified policies
- Respond to company unemployment claims and represent the company hearings
- Responsible for adjudication of background checks
- Lead auditing efforts including I-9 compliance
- Assist with special projects and other HR functions as assigned.
- 1-3+ years experience in HR, compliance, or employee experience roles
- Advanced computer proficiency and working knowledge of G-suite and/or Microsoft Office including Sheets/Excel
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent oral communication skills, writing skills, organizational and problem solving skills
- Interact effectively with internal management and various levels of external parties
- Understanding of local and federal HR compliance laws
- Critical thinker with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities
- Ability to work well either independently or as part of a team
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in high-paced, and changing environment
- Experience with Workday or another HRIS preferred
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.