Shift Supervisor - Lead Barista, Starbucks, Northern Liberties/Callowhill, #670
People & HR, Operations
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Gopuff is seeking a Shift Supervisor for our Starbucks Operations team. Reporting to the Regional Manager, this role is a core part of the team with the responsibility to ensure order accuracy and fast, efficient delivery to our customers. This role contributes to Starbucks success by assisting the regional manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. This job deploys baristas and delegates tasks so that they can create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with both Starbucks standards and Gopuff standards.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and Gopuff
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment for cues
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create a great working environment during each shift
- Assists with new employee training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed
- Provides feedback to manager on employee performance during shift
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to baristas on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve performance
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts
- Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Given the nature of our stores, our working hours could include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays to give you the opportunity to spend time with your employees. Customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials—day and night, rain or shine. We're assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers and risk takers who are ready to help us reshape the world of retail faster than ever before. And it doesn't hurt if you like snacks.
- 2+ years of leadership experience in retail, grocery, military, restaurant or equivalent experience
- ServeSafe Certification highly preferred
- Starbucks or other fast-paced cafe experience preferred
- Ability to work with fluid schedules
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward new team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Have a focus on quality and take pride in your work
- Attention to detail and follow a multi-step processes
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.