About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
You are passionate about the elements that create an overall design aesthetic. You have an eye for visual standards and bringing beauty to the forefront. You enjoy collaborating with multiple teams to execute the artistic vision.
About The Role
As the Art Director, you are responsible for supporting the VP of Creative in brand vision and execution through conceptualizing creative for various channels and platforms including marketing, Strategic Partnerships, social content, eCom and more. You will work cross functionally and within the creative team to influence and inspire.
- Responsible for delivering on-set art direction for asset deliverables.
- Lead photoshoots, ensuring a consistent visual identity and brand message.
- Collaborate with the production team to develop model casting and crew of photographers and stylists, selecting for shoots as needed.
- Create shot lists for campaigns, taking into consideration the needs across various channels and platforms.
- Participate in post-production responsibilities including retouching and overseeing the delivery of assets to teams.
- Ensure that images are of the highest quality and that deadlines are consistently met within established budget.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure best in class business practices.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 5-7+ experience in a design related role with experience working with fashion/beauty brands.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of design projects across various platforms and mediums.
- In-depth on-set photoshoot experience.
- Excellent communication skills, highly organized and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Compensation: $100,000 - $150,000 + Equity. This is a full-time, exempt role. Please note that this range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the Los Angeles, CA based position. Goop, in good faith, reasonably expects to pay the position within this salary range. Goop provides the salary range in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, training, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: “goopcation” paid company summer break, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates. Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role