Intern, Brand Marketing - PR
About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
We are looking for a highly organized, communicative, and eager intern to join our team. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning about the press and influencer landscape specifically in the beauty, wellness, fashion and home space. This person must be a self-starter, a hard-worker and excited to bring new ideas to the team. This candidate must be in college and able to receive course credit for the internship.
About The Role
The Intern, Brand Marketing will assist our PR & Brand Marketing team with a variety of things, while getting a behind the scenes look at Brand Marketing for a well-known brand. This internship is ideal for someone interested in Public Relations and gaining hands-on experience within a multi-faceted team. This is a part-time internship (2-3 days/week), with the need to be in our Santa Monica HQ on Mondays.
- Assist the PR and Brand Marketing Team with press and influencer tracking, maintaining relevant department tracking documents
- Build press and influencer lists for a variety of product launches and initiatives across beauty, fashion, wellness and home
- Help PR team with influencer outreach, engagement and seeding
- Assist department with monthly and quarterly business reviews and reporting
- Help with drafting press releases and pitching for upcoming launches in wellness, beauty and fashion
- Type of Hire: This is a temporary position and employment will be for a maximum of 90 days/school semester unless mutually agreed to extend
- Compensation: School Credit
- Perks: Special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. With every aspect of this policy, goop is committed to employee health and safety, and will continue to follow all federal, state, and local requirements.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.