Consultant- Beauty Product Category Lead
About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
About The Role
As the Consultant – Beauty Product Category Lead, you will own and support the beauty product marketing and business strategy at goop – including both goop Beauty & Multi-Brand. You will drive beauty product strategy with team and cross-functional alignment and financial ownership, including managing deadlines, growth strategies, launches and sales. You have extensive experience in the beauty industry, including in a product marketing role, preferably within the clean beauty space.
- Launch Ownership: Work in tandem with Product Development to own 3+ year global product launch decisions and timing for goop Beauty, including product architecture, pricing, positioning, go to market strategy and product launch process, taking into account input from internal stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional partners to ensure on-time launches from concept to trade
- Provide Insights & Recommend Categories: Lead consumer insight research and analytics to understand consumer trends and make recommendations based on territory, market size and white space. Develop beauty product launch and reformulation strategy based on trends, seasonality and key business priorities, taking into account other company vertical launch strategies.
- Deliver innovation concepts based on market research and data.
- Drive ongoing analysis of the category and provide data-informed recommendations for product portfolio, including hero SKU strategy.
- Help define target consumer by product in partnership with Brand Marketing and channels.
- Ideate new storytelling angles around hero products to recruit and drive consumer love.
- Market Size and Scope: Define market size and scope for potential new product and reformulation concepts, referencing appropriate benchmarks, competitive analysis and data points.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Provide product brand positioning/marketing tactics for new and existing products in partnership with product development, wholesale and integrated marketing teams to grow market share in current channels and versus competition. This includes product naming, package selection, artwork, fact sheets, claims, differentiation, key messaging and positioning.
- Financial Planning and Budgeting: Work cross functionally to ensure that innovation planning and core products meet business objectives and deliver on vertical financial plans in partnership with channel owners. Define & measure against beauty vertical KPIs (goop-owned and multi).
- Maximize ROI and value by regularly assessing performance metrics and consumer feedback and data insight across all channels.
- Portfolio Management: Lead execution of existing SKU management with planning team, overseeing inventory and hero priorities, markdown inclusions, discontinued/sunset SKUs. Provide strategic recommendations for goop vs multi portfolio, including strategies for percentage of revenue contribution, product category and SKU split.
- Multi-channel: Curate multi-beauty and wellness brands and products for goop to sell that fit company standards and fill white space in assortment, trends or consumer demand.
- Team Management: Oversight and management of team responsible for multi-beauty category
Qualifications & Experience
- 6+ years’ experience within beauty product marketing, driving brand growth.
- Experience in understanding and navigating the nuances of the beauty market and how it has been evolving with changes in overall consumer behavior.
- Demonstrate a strategic and broad view of the beauty business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future. Identify new areas of opportunities beyond current opportunities.
- Multi-functional leader and strong collaborator across teams and levels within an organization.
- A business builder and strong marketer who has respect for and an understanding of the design and product development process.
- Experience within clean beauty is preferred.
- Compensation: $10,000-$15,000/monthly. This is a contract position. Please note that this range represents the low and high end of the anticipated compensation range for the Los Angeles, CA based position. Goop, in good faith, reasonably expects to pay the position within this salary range. Goop provides the compensation range in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The actual compensation will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, training, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.