Manager, Package Engineering - Beauty & Wellness
About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
Goop is looking for an experienced Manager, Packaging Engineer for the goop Beauty & Wellness product lines to manage all sourcing aspects of both new product launches as well as ongoing componentry replenishment. You are highly organized, a forward thinking and planner, and have a network of trusted vendors. You are a great communicator, both internally and externally with partners, and are skilled are shifting priorities based on business need.
About The Role
The Manager, Packaging Engineer will be responsible for going out to bid on new product launch raw materials, componentry, and secondary componentry; ensuring we have the most appropriate tooling or stock packaging for our prestige brand.
- Lead the Sourcing RFQ and Package Engineering for new product launches, promotional projects and reforms to replenishment orders for Goop Beauty.
- Partner with Product Development team and Designer to approve all packaging, artwork and facilitate the process.
- Present packaging options from various vendors that meet our cost targets and launch milestones.
- Source all packaging components including tooling, primary components, and secondary cartons, negotiate terms and costs with primary vendors and suppliers.
- Partner with Senior Sourcing Manager to manage vendor relations and proactively identify issues and work cross-functionally to resolve these issues.
- Track all key milestones to ensure due dates are met for production and distribution. Resolve all timeline issues and negotiate with appropriate teams and vendors to keep the project back on track.
- Partner with Head of Supply chain and NPD leaders to understand and anticipate beauty needs against the timeline capabilities required to deliver business objectives; prepare updated timeline plans and forecasts to inform key people choices and initiatives.
- Ensure all packaging is designed and executed to meet ship test standards, goop sustainability standards, goop beauty aesthetics standards, and any other pertinent quality specifications
- Support leaders in identifying performance metrics and standards and providing streamline opportunities.
- Notify Product Development teams of critical issues and appropriate next steps.
- Manage direct report and responsible for coaching, development and growth.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering or related technical degree
- 5-7+ years’ experience in Beauty Supply Chain or tangent CPG Supply Chain
- Strong existing componentry and factory vendor base
- Strong relationships with vendors globally
- Attention to detail and proven problem solver
- Strong project management and organizational skills with excellent follow up
- Must be an excellent team player with strong analytical, negotiating and communication skills
- Compensation: $100,000 - $120,000 + Equity. This is a full-time exempt role. Please note that this range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the Los Angeles, CA based position. Goop, in good faith, reasonably expects to pay the position within this salary range. Goop provides the salary range in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, training, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: “goopcation” paid company summer break, unlimited vacation, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful workspace in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in the office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.