Director, Relationship Marketing (Print & Email)
About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
As goop’s Director, Relationship Marketing (Email & Print), you will be at the heart of a vibrant and growing top-tier marketing team. You’ll own into the strategic planning, briefing, execution, and optimization of email and print marketing campaigns. You enjoy working cross-functionally with a variety of teams and strategizing new and innovative ways to connect with our consumers in our channels. You are constantly looking for inspiration to create engagement points that align with our brand values and can drive success.
About The Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of business-driven marketing programs supporting product launches, sales, and curated beauty, fashion, and wellness driven marketing moments. You are a creative storyteller, leaning into the RTBs (reason to believe) to inform the marketing brief, but is also a data-driven marketer who can dive into customer analytics and campaign performance to drive recommendations and insights. This role will report into the SVP, Growth & Relationship Marketing.
- Responsible for briefing, executing, and measuring performance of product launch, sales and merch-driven email marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for briefing, executing, and measuring performance of various print marketing programs (direct mail, in-box collateral, physical box designs, etc.)
- Responsible for briefing, executing, and measuring performance of product sampling programs to drive new product adoption and purchase reactivation.
- Plan, design, and oversee the implementation of an overarching brand loyalty strategy to increase customer engagement, boost retention, and maximize sales.
- Develop a learning agenda / testing roadmap to drive ongoing optimization of these marketing programs through experiments in creative, content, segmentation, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across creative, brand, merch, and engineering, to inform campaign strategy.
- Lead the communication of campaign performance and test results across stakeholders to drive ongoing learning across teams and inform business decisions
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree 8+ years’ experience managing email & print marketing campaigns from strategy, briefing to execution.
- Experience with product marketing/product go-to-market & seasonal campaigns.
- Strong understanding of core ecommerce and CRM KPI metrics.
- Strong campaign and project management skills, delivering on tight deadlines. Preferred: Experience working with Project Management tools (i.e., Monday.com, Basecamp, Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.).
- Fluency in at least 1 enterprise Email Service Provider (ESP) platform (e.g., Iterable)
- Experience operating in Reporting / Web Analytics tools (GA, Looker, etc.).
- Can do, positive infectious attitude.
- Solution oriented and optimistic perspective on problem solving.
- Ability to remain poised presenting to executives.
- Dynamic, flexible personality; capable of changing on-demand and innovating rapidly.
- Strong bias for action and data-driven decisions.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and dig-in.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Compensation: $140,000 - $170,000 + Equity. This is a full-time exempt role. Please note that this range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the Los Angeles, CA based position. Goop, in good faith, reasonably expects to pay the position within this salary range. Goop provides the salary range in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, training, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: “goopcation” paid company summer break, unlimited vacation, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful workspace in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in the office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.