Backend Engineer - India (Java)
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy.
To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
About the Back-End Engineer (Java) Role
We are looking for driven, passionate and committed individuals to join the team as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond.
As our Back-end Engineer you are able to Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle of a product, manage and oversee projects for the company.
What Your Day to Day Activities Will Be Like:
● Effective utilization of Java to develop effective user interface on our product application
● Create innovative solutions to web design issues to help make the application more visually appealing and enhance usability
● Understanding Framework of Java and it's accompanying stack.
● Experience with building fully responsive web applications
● Working Knowledge with collaboration tools such as Git
● Ensure quick Updates on our product application to make them effective
● A good demonstration of object-oriented or functional analysis design skills
● Demonstrate a good understanding of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance
● Coding creative, operational or frontend software that helps the designated product build
● Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
● Integrate with the back- end systems and APIs
● Creating Functional and intuitive applications and features
● Contribute to engineering efforts from designing to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
Required competency and skill-set to be a waver:
● Our ideal candidate is an experienced executioner with at least 5 years’ experience. You must be very resourceful and comfortable working under short timelines and intense pressure to deliver in impossible situations while remaining flexible, proactive, data-driven, and efficient.
● Proficient understanding of Java is essential.