Strategy & Operations, Director
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
There’s a reason Fetch is ranked top 10 in Shopping in the App Store. Every day, millions of people earn Fetch Points buying brands they love. From the grocery aisle to the drive-through, Fetch makes saving money fun. We’re more than just a build-first tech unicorn. We’re a revolutionary shopping platform where brands and consumers come together for a loyalty-driving, points-exploding, money-saving party.
Join a fast-growing, founder-led technology company that’s still only in its early innings. Ranked one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes two years in a row, Fetch is building a people-first culture rooted in trust and accountability. How do we do it? By empowering employees to think big, challenge ideas, and find new ways to bring the fun to Fetch. So what are you waiting for? Apply to join our rocketship today!
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The next step in evolving our shopper journey is hiring a Strategy & Operations Director. This is an individual contributor position. As part of the Strategy & Operations team, you’ll uncover, develop, and drive performance improvements across the sales organization.
This role requires a senior leader who demonstrates a strong passion for steering the strategic vision, operational framework, budgeting, and planning initiatives for the entire company. Entrusted to serve as a reliable and data-driven strategic advisor to executive leaders and sales leadership.
There are no in office mandates, but would prefer this hire is based near our Boston or Chicago office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for the business and vertical’s strategy, mission, and vision.
- Coordinates the development of materials focused on articulating business and vertical strategy.
- Leads the development of weekly and monthly vertical reviews to validate progress or adherence to performance expectations and identify areas of risks.
- Drives data-driven decision-making and objective setting and identifies / prioritizes notable risks within the business.
- Identifies and works cross-functionally to remove barriers that prevent realization of the business or vertical strategy.
- Responsible for strategy and planning to align business and sales operations with the company's overarching strategy, mission, and goals.
- Identifies gaps between ideal and current state of operating model and recommends solutions to close the gaps.
- Exhibits expert-level conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions.
- Partners with key collaborators to implement and continuously improve sales and product processes.
Program Management (Project)
- Partners with sales leadership to identify and track priority work, including identifying business outcomes and metrics, developing strategy for project execution, and creating clarity on priority of work.
- Leads strategic projects with notable risk and complexity
Vertical Planning and Budgeting
- Lead planning and financial/budgeting process
- Partners with Sales Finance and other key collaborators to own business forecasting and reporting.
- Aligns planning and budget to functional and company priorities, working cross-functionally with peers.
- Develops action plans based on performance expectations.
- Plans and prepares materials for vertical leadership, executive meetings and board meetings.
- Participates in regular leadership meetings to evaluate barriers to success and develop courses of action to overcome issues.
- Anticipates business issues; recommends product, process or service improvements.
- Represents and provides support to an executive or vertical head to facilitate effective decision-making which has a significant impact on the organization; this includes
- Sales strategy planning, roadmap development, operational planning, leading key functional priorities, and meeting planning and preparation
- Has a high impact on the implementation of critical initiatives that carry out overarching functional and organizational objectives.
- Establishes and maintains organizational savviness, an executive presence and high level of discernment for area support and also for entire function in order to unearth issues, opportunities, and problems.
- Represents and provides support to senior leadership team including defining the path forward, ensuring they have what they need, and holding them accountable for execution.
Skills we believe you need for this position:
- Experience in an analytical role, with the ability to develop your own analysis
- Must be comfortable in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience operating with strategy development and critical thinking
- Must have worked cross-functionally, with multiple stakeholders/departments to impact change on business
- Comfortable presenting in front of executives and large groups
- Able to communicate technical information to non-technical counterparts
- SQL experience is a plus
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- At Fetch, we offer competitive compensation packages to the exceptional folks we hire. The base salary range for this position is $188,000 - $250,000. We also offer all employees equity in Fetch, so that everyone can benefit from Fetch’s growth.
At Fetch, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options for everyone
- 401k Match: Dollar-for-dollar match up to 4%.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for everyone including your pets.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides ten thousand dollars annually in education reimbursement.
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. The ERGs participate in our Inclusion Council with members of executive leadership.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our year-end week-long break.
- Robust Leave Policies: 18 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and a flexible return to work schedule.