Receipt Quality Specialist
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
There’s a reason Fetch is ranked top 10 in Shopping in the App Store. Every day, millions of people earn Fetch Points buying brands they love. From the grocery aisle to the drive-through, Fetch makes saving money fun. We’re more than just a build-first tech unicorn. We’re a revolutionary shopping platform where brands and consumers come together for a loyalty-driving, points-exploding, money-saving party.
Join a fast-growing, founder-led technology company that’s still only in its early innings. Ranked one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes two years in a row, Fetch is building a people-first culture rooted in trust and accountability. How do we do it? By empowering employees to think big, challenge ideas, and find new ways to bring the fun to Fetch. So what are you waiting for? Apply to join our rocketship today!
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
In order to reward users for the items they purchase, we must accurately identify products based solely on the receipt image submitted by users to the Fetch app. However, many retailers make it difficult to identify products on a receipt. That’s where the Receipt Quality Team comes in.
As a Receipt Quality Specialist, you will play an integral role in rewarding users when they create value for our partner brands. The ultimate mission? Ensuring quality reads on every receipt, every time. To aid in reaching this mission, Receipt Quality Specialists participate in three main functions:
- Assess and score the quality of our receipt reading processes. Compare actual scanned receipt images with Fetch app predictions to determine the accuracy of each receipt read.
- Create answer keys for difficult to read receipts. Research popular brands and products to understand receipt descriptions.
- Validating the accuracy of receipts, and helping train machine learning models to do the same.
Candidates who are successful in this role are:
- Proficiency in English
- Familiarity with US based brands
- We work with various brands and products daily. You are able to identify or effectively research US based brands and products and are eager to continue to learn more about them.
- Enthusiastic about Fetch
- You are eager to help reimagine what shopping looks like!
- Technically proficient
- Familiarity with Google Sheets, participating in Zoom/video meetings, and able to use a variety of programs and tools.
- Fast learner
- You see a challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Adaptable to change
- We move fast and improve daily. You are excited about working at an accelerated pace and implementing real change.
- When you identify something that can be improved, you take the initiative to make it happen.
- You aren’t willing to settle. You submit consistent high quality work and meet metric based expectations.
- You love feedback and implement it to continue growing.
- You have strong time management and organizational skills to keep track of multiple data points simultaneously.
Other nice to have qualities include:
- Experience as a personal shopper, working in a grocery retailer, or familiarity with the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Experience with owning or pushing projects forward
- Additional technical skills including SQL, Python, and/or more advanced Google Sheets/Excel experience