Senior Category Manager
Are you a data-driven problem solver who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others while contributing to a successful business? Join Carewell and be a part of a team that creates impactful solutions for caregivers and their unique challenges. We're looking for hardworking individuals committed to raising the bar and striving for impact, scalability, and simplicity. Build your career with Carewell, a category-defining business dedicated to making caregiving easier.
The importance of hiring a Senior Category Manager
We’re seeking analytical, passionate, and self-motivated individuals to join our Category Management team. The team serves as the external and internal ambassadors of the product categories we manage, mobilizing and coaching suppliers on how to grow their business on our sites, and leveraging internal partners to execute the strategic vision to win in the online healthcare space.
You will set and execute the strategy for a product category, develop supplier relationships, drive process improvement, and negotiate pricing and inventory. You will be responsible for growing sales while improving profitability, as well as identifying new business opportunities, developing internal and external relationships, and negotiating with key suppliers.
What You'll Do
- Own the strategy and P&L for one of our key businesses
- Manage your own portfolio of supplier accounts
- Analyze key metrics and derive strategies on how to improve supplier and category performance
- Collaborate with various stakeholders throughout the Carewell business and identify sales, merchandising, operations and marketing opportunities for the category to drive change
- Lead cross-functional projects, garnering buy in from leadership across functions
- Scale a team to support category growth
- Build strong relationships with suppliers (including C-suite), acting as their growth coach, strategic advisor, and to execute negotiations to secure best pricing
- Attend trade shows and visit key suppliers
- Supplier and category revenue growth
- Assortment growth (SKU count)
- In-stock %
- Gross margin %
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of experience within an e-commerce or corporate retail organization, preferred
- Success in building relationships and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical mindset and data-driven approach; deep experience with analytics and translating data into actionable insights to identify opportunities
- Proven experience managing a P&L
- Proven experience in eCommerce, management consulting or similar industry (5+ years)
- Strong cross-functional collaborator, ability to bring leaders across functions together
- Strong strategic thinking and demonstrated ability to execute strategy
- Track record in leading and prioritizing projects, and delegating tasks appropriately
- Passion for driving growth with an ability to think outside of existing limitations
- Experience managing people and/or scaling a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
- Based in the US
Bonus points for having
- Worked at a hyper-growth startup and/or fast-paced environment with equally talented and driven contributors
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short-term Disability and Life Insurance (100% employer-sponsored)
- Supplemental Life Insurance (employee-sponsored)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 100% Remote
- Generous vacation time and federal holidays off
- Employee discount
Carewell is a category-defining business that is dedicated to providing the most trusted and reputable retail source for caregiving products. Our vast selection of expert-vetted products includes incontinence supplies, wound care, nutrition, mobility aids, and more, all available at the best prices with fast, reliable shipping. We are proud to have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, ranked on the Inc. 5000, and named one of the most customer-centric companies in the world by Forbes in 2022. At Carewell, we understand the importance of caregiving, and we strive to provide the highest quality products to help caregivers provide the best care possible for their loved ones.
As the number of older adults in the US grows, the need for caregiving solutions will only increase. By joining Carewell, you will have the opportunity to work in a space that is constantly evolving, with new challenges and opportunities for growth. We are committed to being architects of our own success, always striving to improve our teams, partnerships, and solutions to ensure impact, scalability, and simplicity. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals, using customer insights, data, research, and feedback to make decisions and create the most effective solutions. If you are ready to join a team of dedicated individuals who are committed to making a difference in the world, Carewell is the place for you.
Learn more about us in the Carewell Newsroom.
Carewell's mission is centered around creating a better world for care. We believe having diverse and inclusive teams is an integral part of carrying out that mission. Our increasingly diverse world is faced with complex care challenges that can best be solved through a diverse and inclusive workforce, community of partners, and stakeholders. Carewell is committed to equal opportunity, and we welcome and encourage all walks of life to come learn, grow, collaborate, and create a better world for care with us.