X-RAY Technician (Centrum Health)
We are transforming healthcare to be value-driven, creating a seamless, consumer-centric care experience that maximizes value for all.
We believe that all health consumers are entitled to high quality, coordinated healthcare. We uniquely align the interests of health consumers, providers, and payors to make high-quality healthcare accessible and affordable to all populations across the ACA Marketplace, Medicare, and Medicaid.
An X-ray Technician is a medical professional responsible for using imaging machines and tools to create a map of a patient’s internal tissues and organ systems to assess their overall health. Their duties include explaining procedures to patients, calibrating imaging equipment and preparing results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow instructions from Physicians regarding which area of the patient’s body needs imaging
- Talk the patient through the procedure and answer questions to lower their anxiety
- Correctly position the patient, adjust the imaging equipment to the specified position
- Prevent unnecessary radiation exposure both to themselves and to the patient
- Follow correct techniques and procedures such as patient shielding
- Keep good patient records
- Maintain radiology supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating future needs and placing orders
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Associate degree required, bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have current Radiologic Technologist license and be registered with the America Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART)
- Must have a current BLS for healthcare provider or CPR/AED certification
- A minimum of one year experience as an X-Ray technician in a medical setting, preferably in a hospital, urgent care or diagnostics center
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Ability to communicate at all levels with patient population
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Knowledge of all regulations as it relates imaging terminology, safety and required guidelines to ensure the safety and well being of patient.