Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Centrum Health)
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Sign-on bonus $5,000
Centrum Health, a part of NeueHealth, is seeking an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse. Our APRN's provide direct patient care, discussing patient symptoms and concerns and performing thorough examinations to diagnose their medical problem and prescribe medication or create a treatment plan if necessary. When required, you will collaborate with our physicians to treat more advanced illnesses or injuries.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient records.
- Checks in with clients about test results and prognoses.
- Advises patients regarding prescriptions and treatment plans.
- Follows all federal, state, and nursing guidelines, regulations, and standards.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests, including x-rays, blood work, and scans.
- Refers patients to specialists if necessary and analyzes medical records and reports.
- Updates patient charts and uploads to Electronic Health Record (EHR) software.
- Works with a team of nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and doctors to provide quality patient care.
- Examines patients, including discussing medical history and symptoms and performing physicals.
- Knows how to use popular tools, including: medical database software, medical research software, medical diagnosis software, medical billing software, e-prescribing software, scheduling software, billing software, and telemedicine software.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Handles the physical demands of the job, icluding walking and standing for long periods of time and lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Communicates effectively, speaking multiple languages is preferred.
- Collaborates with nurse practitioners, registered nurses, doctors, and other medical professionals.
- Problem-solves well independently and as part of a team.
- Develops strong relationships with patients and their families and has a stellar bedside manner.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse licenses in the state of Texas.
- Board certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the specialty is preferred.
- National board certification as a Nurse Practitioner from an accredited agency.
- Master’s in Nursing required, Doctorate of Nursing preferred.
- Two or more years of clinical experience as a nursing practitioner at a physician practice or in a hospital with a related specialty is strongly preferred.
We offer comprehensive benefits that include medical/dental/vision coverage, an HSA, an Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off along with 7 annual company holidays.