Medical Coder (Centrum Health)
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Centrum Health, part of NeueHealth, is seeking a Medical Coder to join our team in Dallas. The Medical Coder, or Certified Professional Coder, is responsible for reviewing a patient’s medical records after a visit and translating the information into codes that insurers use to process claims from patients. Their duties include confirming treatments with medical staff, identifying missing information, and submitting forms to insurers for reimbursement.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duty of a Medical Coder is to assign codes to medical procedures and diagnoses. Other duties and responsibilities of a Medical Coder include:
- Making sure that codes are assigned correctly and sequenced appropriately as per government and insurance regulations
- Complying with medical coding guidelines and policies
- Receiving and reviewing patients’ charts and documents for verification and accuracy
- Following up and clarifying any information that is not clear to other staff members
- Collecting information made by the Physician from different sources to prepare monthly reports
- Implementing strategic procedures and choosing strategies and evaluation methods that provide correct results
- Examining any medical malpractice that has been reported by analyzing and identifying the medical procedures, diagnoses, or events that lead to the negligence
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent
- Medical Coding Certificate; RHIT or CPC by AAPC or AHIMA license; meet state licensure requirements
- Maintain coding certification and attends in-service training as required
- 1 year of medical coding experience
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Strong computer skills in data entry, coding, and knowledge of Electronic Medical Record software; Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
We offer comprehensive benefits that include medical/dental/vision coverage, an HSA, an Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off along with 7 annual company holidays.