Bilingual Medical Assistant (Centrum Health - Firewheel Clinic)
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Sign-On Bonus - $1,000
Job Summary: Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments and maintaining medical records. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking Patient Vital Signs
- Taking Medical Histories
- Preparing Patients for Medical Tests and Examinations
- Assisting Physicians During Examinations
- Explaining Medical Procedures to Patients
- Sterilizing Medical Instruments
- Removing Sutures
- Calling Prescriptions in to Pharmacies
- Preparing Patients for X-Rays
- Administering Topical, Oral, or Intramuscular Medications
- Transcribing all notes and documents related to treatments
Requirements and Qualifications
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or diploma from an accredited school is highly preferred
- A minimum of one year experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinic, physician practice or urgent care setting
- Strong knowledge of medical correspondence, managing electronic medical records
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience as a Phlebotomist is desirable but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, able to work with provider and other team members of the care team
We offer comprehensive benefits that include medical/dental/vision coverage, an HSA, an Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off along with 7 annual company holidays.