General Ledger Accountant (Hybrid)
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Responsible for Accounting Department's daily activities and maintaining daily transactions and operations of accounting.
This position is a remote hybrid role. Candidates must be local to Anaheim - 2-3x a week in office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, code, and record journal entries in the system.
- Generate accurate and timely monthly financial statements and take part in the month-end close process.
- Manages all bank-related operations, including but not limited to preparing and reviewing bank reconciliations, closing accounts as directed, etc.
- Review and analyze trial balance.
- Prepare journal entries and maintain balance sheet schedules and ledgers.
- Manage data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and accessibility.
- Monitor and execute internal control procedures.
- Prepare required documents for auditing. Ensure that proper documentation and audit evidence is organized and accounted for throughout the department
- Assist Finance Manager to identify erroneous, suspicious, or inappropriate expenses or spending patterns within the organization
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 2 years of Accounting experience with general ledger experience
- Prior healthcare experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills including advanced formulas, creating templates and pivot tables
For individuals assigned to a location(s) in California, Bright Health is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position. Actual compensation will vary based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the range is $53,203.34 - $79,805.01 annually.
Additionally, employees are eligible for health benefits; life and disability benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with match; up to 21 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, plus 2 floating holidays per year; and a lifestyle spending account.