Product Manager, Content Management Experience
Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 28 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks.
Together with Go1, our parent brand, who gives organizations and their employees access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet, we’re on a mission to reach one billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning. ✨
The next chapter of our growth story needs YOU!
At Go1, we have grown from humble beginnings into the world's largest aggregator of educational content. We give organizations and their employees access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet. Millions of people are using it to unlock their positive potential. We're endlessly curious, collaborative, and inspired by life-long learning. Although we have different backgrounds, we share the same vision; to reach a billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning. We owe it all to our people. Every win… every idea… every extra mile. They've made us who we are. And there's so much still to do – so much opportunity for you to own. Together, we're on a path to improving a billion lives and a culture where everyone can thrive
About The Role
This role centers on enhancing the Creator experience, enabling Go1 Content Partners to quickly and easily author, distribute, and monetise their digital learning. Compelling content is the backbone of our subscription offering (content-as-a-service), so as Product Manager, you’ll focus on building a thriving experience for our Creators that attracts both a breadth of providers, whilst leveraging unparalleled intelligence from learners to empower Creators to successfully tailor their content to market needs.
What You Will Do
- Discover - Practice continuous discovery habits, both across internal and external stakeholders, identifying the most impactful opportunities for Content Creators
- Collaborate - work closely with colleagues across both Go1 and Blinkist (Content Operations, Content Partnerships, Client Success, Design, Research, BI…) building relationships with stakeholders across Australia and Europe, and becoming a trusted sparring partner to achieve our shared missions!
- Define Scope - Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements and translate these into technical specifications for development teams
- Take ownership - Fully own, prioritize and shape the backlog, roadmap and vision of your product area based on data, user insights and technical requirements
- Measure - Take a data-driven approach to product development, monitoring success through key product metrics, and evaluating product data and user insights to identify opportunities and analyze impact
- Keep Learning - prioritize ruthlessly, rapidly test assumptions, take risks and innovate, and focus on “better” not “more” to impact key product metrics
- Represent - Be the advocate for Creators, representing their interests, and ensuring that the right priorities are being worked on across the business
- Be an entrepreneur - get hands-on to do whatever is necessary to build the right product - knowing when to focus on the details and when to zoom out to the big picture.
What You Need To Have
- 3 years+ experience in a Product Management role with a high level of ownership over marketplace and/or partnership products
- Proven track record of experience with creating and optimizing marketplace platforms and building partnership products, from conception and discovery, through to launch and iterations
- Structured thinking and the ability to distill complex issues into a comprehensive strategy, defining scope and releasing regular value for our Creators
- A data-driven product mindset, confident evaluating product data / user insights / AB tests to identify opportunities, inform decisions and prioritize based on value/impact
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify and articulate complex concepts, and build understanding and alignment in remote organizations
- A self-starter with a hands-on approach, capable of managing multiple priorities effectively. Able to see the big picture, without overlooking the details
- Experienced overseeing cross-functional projects, collaborating with Research, Business Intelligence, Customer support, Product Marketing…
- Ability to make effective decisions with incomplete information in a sometimes ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, curious, and innovative - with a genuine interest in the content / learning / edtech sectors
- A BIG plus, if you’ve experience in managing products within:
- LMS / HRIS platforms
- Content Aggregation / Distribution
- Learning and Education
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- Competitive incentive plan in addition to salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Flexible approach to work
- Monthly work from home or transport reimbursement
- One time work from home office set up budget
- Unlimited access to the Go1 Learning Hub, and mentorship program
- Professional development fund
- Volunteer leave to give back to the community
- 30 PTO days + Wellbeing days
- Flexible public holidays - take the days off that are important to you, swap out the ones that are not
- Family planning & parental leave, plus support for parents returning to work
- Wellness initiatives and an Employee Assistance Program
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.