Senior Product Manager, Retention
Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 28 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks.
Together with Go1, our parent brand, who gives organizations and their employees access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet, we’re on a mission to reach one billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning. ✨
About The Role
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll join a cross-functional mobile product team with a huge mission and a healthy user base, with plenty of room to grow and develop. You’ll have a lot of autonomy in what you do, taking ownership for activating repeat engagement and growing user retention through the likes of gamification, community building and curating sticky experiences for curious minds.
Check out the hiring process for the position here: https://jobs.blinkist.com/pmr 🚀
What You Will Do
- Discover & Innovate - Be a champion for continuous discovery habits, demonstrating excellent product discovery skills to understand our customers and find innovative ways to solve their needs.
- Take ownership - Fully own, prioritize and shape the backlog, roadmap and vision of your product area based on data, customer insights & feedback, technical requirements, risk and other factors.
- Measure - Define product metrics for your area and monitor success over time, understanding how they impact our long term business performance. Collaborate with BI, to collect and analyze the data needed to test your assumptions, with a data-driven approach to product development
- Collaborate - work closely with cross-functional teams and become a trusted sparring partner to achieve our shared missions
- Represent - Be the advocate of your product area and your customers to ensure that the right priorities are being worked on across the business and customer interests are appropriately represented
- Stay lean - prioritize ruthlessly, move quickly, test assumptions and focus on “better” not “more”
- Be an entrepreneur - create documents, run sprints, hold workshops and do whatever is necessary to build the right product for our customers, knowing when to focus on the details and when to zoom out to the big picture
- Understand - Show a constant curiosity and drive to learn more about our customers' desires, needs, and problems and to uncover, understand and analyze what makes them come back for more. Stay up-to-date with the latest HR/L&D market trends, technology trends and innovations to make sure Blinkist is always thinking ahead of the competition.
What You Need To Have
- 5+ years of experience in owning consumer-facing products, with a solid understanding of mobile technology and design - preferably in a fast-paced scale-up environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify and articulate complex concepts, and build understanding and alignment cross-functionally
- Proven track record of launching and scaling habit building features from conception and discovery, through to launch and iterations
- A self-starter with a hands-on approach, capable of managing multiple priorities effectively. Able to see the big picture, without overlooking the details.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, curious, and innovative - with a genuine interest in the learning technologies/edtech sector
- An experimentation mindset, confident running A/B tests and evaluating product data and user insights to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Experienced overseeing cross-functional projects, collaborating with Research, Business Intelligence, Customer support, Product Marketing… to achieve common goals
- Ability to make effective decisions with incomplete information in a sometimes ambiguous environment
- Experience in one or more of the following is a BIG plus:
- Consumer-facing mobile games / Gamification
- Community building / social features
- Learning and Education
- Subscription based apps
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office from the country where your contract is based, with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.