People Experience Specialist
Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 28 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks.
Together with Go1, our parent brand, who gives organizations and their employees access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet, we’re on a mission to reach one billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning. ✨
As a key player in our People team, you'll be at the forefront of enhancing employee experiences, streamlining processes, and leveraging people data to make more impactful decisions. .
What It Takes to Thrive:
- HR Know-How: Utilise your HR and employee relations knowledge to provide accurate guidance and support.
- Clear Communication: Engage effectively through articulate verbal and written communication, ensuring everyone is on the same page.
- Relationship Building: Create positive connections with employees, handling sensitive matters confidentially and empathetically.
- Problem Solver: Apply analytical thinking to identify and implement effective solutions, continuously improving the employee experience.
- Adaptability: Navigate a dynamic, geographically diverse environment with ease, embracing new approaches to meet evolving employee needs.
- Organisational Insight: Understand our company's culture, values, and strategies to align HR initiatives with organisational goals.
- Data-Driven Decisions: Utilise HR data and analytics to draw insights, make informed decisions, and measure the impact of HR initiatives.
Your Impactful Contributions:
- Expert Guidance: Provide comprehensive support to employees, offering generalist advice and assistance on people-related matters.
- Payroll Processing: Work with external payroll providers to ensure our team are paid accurately and on time.
- Streamlined Operations: Enhance communication of people operations processes, policies, and initiatives, promoting a self-service approach.
- Employee Experience Optimisation: Administer and improve organisation-wide people processes, such as onboarding, offboarding, performance cycles to enable our people to do their best work.
- System Efficiency: Optimise the configuration of people systems for increased efficiency and leverage people analytics.
- Insightful Analytics: Maintain accurate employee records and analyse people metrics to provide valuable insights and support for the people partnering team.
- Policy Management: Develop and maintain up-to-date policies aligned with legislation and organisational priorities.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience and implement initiatives for continuous improvement.
- 1-2 years' experience in an HR support or Generalist role
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and processes. Experience using HiBob, 15Five, Greenhouse and Culture Amp a plus.
- Exposure to employment law matters across EMEA (including Germany)
- Fluency in German and English.
- Bias for action, sense of urgency, over-communication, and attention to detail are your superpowers.
While technical skills are important, it is just as important for us find people who will positively contribute to our diverse culture. We welcome you to apply, even if you don't exactly meet the criteria above.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.