(Senior) Paid Social Manager
Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 28 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks.
Together with Go1, our parent brand, who gives organizations and their employees access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet, we’re on a mission to reach one billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning. ✨
At Blinkist, our Paid Social Team is at the heart of our success. We are not just a department, we are the primary engine that drives the company’s growth.
Our team embodies performance-driven excellence, executing campaigns with unwavering commitment to results. We maintain a fast-paced environment, where rapid adaptability and quick decision-making define our operations. We lead the way in creative testing, exceeding market averages by number of creatives. Managing at scale, we efficiently oversee numerous campaigns across multiple platforms.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking a passionate and results-driven (Senior) Paid Social Marketing Manager to join our dynamic team. If you're enthusiastic about paid social advertising, possess a creative spark with a knack for thumb-stopping creatives and thrive in a performance-driven environment, you're the perfect fit for us. As a proactive self-starter with a love for numbers, you'll be at the forefront of our growth story.
Your Impactful Role:
As a (Senior) Paid Social Marketing Manager, you will spearhead the development and expansion of our paid social platforms. Reporting to the Head of Paid Social, you will play a pivotal role in unlocking new growth opportunities for Blinkist. This includes scaling through automation, achieving creative breakthroughs with video ads and UGC, and seamlessly integrating AI tools into our optimization and creative processes.
Why We Need You:
Paid Social is a cornerstone of our customer acquisition strategy at Blinkist. Its success relies on a world-class creative strategy, nurturing Meta and TikTok campaigns, iterating on what works, and exploring innovative ideas. We are on a mission to set ambitious goals and need a performance marketing expert like you to co-author the next chapter of our success story.
Check out the interview process for this position here: https://jobs.blinkist.com/jf5 🚀
What You Will Do
- Manage and optimize paid social campaigns on Meta and TikTok, focusing on the subscription app business.
- Continuously explore new opportunities through competitor benchmarking and keep a finger on the pulse of the paid social advertising space by staying updated on industry trends.
- Identify key levers for growth throughout the acquisition funnel, with focus on creative concepts, landing pages, new audiences or funnels, and secure the necessary resources and garner support to capitalize on these growth opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with the design and content teams to develop eye-catching creatives that drive results.
- Contribute to the operation of marketing automation processes, including the use of tools like Smartly.
- Lead the optimization and testing of the paid social user acquisition journey, from creatives and ad copies to landing pages.
- Analyze data sets, draw actionable insights, and make autonomous decisions based on performance data.
What You Need To Have
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in paid social advertising.
- Proven experience managing campaigns on at least two of the following channels: Meta, TikTok, Snapchat, X (Twitter).
- Expertise in direct response advertising, ideally for the B2C subscription business or mobile app products.
- Experience with automation topics when it comes to campaign optimization, budget allocation and creative processes. Ideally with knowledge of platforms like Smartly.io.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to derive accurate conclusions from data.
- Proficiency in generating performance creatives, with the ability to ideate, sketch, and collaborate with or without designers. Familiarity with design tools like Figma or Canva is a plus.
- A passion for staying up-to-date with the latest trends in paid social advertising.
- Proactive, solution-oriented, and a go-getter with a results-driven mindset.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English.
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Weekly yoga & fitness classes in the office & remote
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.