Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 26 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks. ✨
About The Role
The SEO Director is a technical, product-focused role for a seasoned SEO professional and digital marketing strategist.
You’ll report into the Marketing SVP while managing a team of 4 (2 devs, 1 designer, 1 content producer). You’ll be responsible for increasing organic traffic to our existing library, expanding that library with new content types, and implementing monetization mechanisms.
Apply your deep SEO knowledge hands-on by owning the development roadmap, project managing our sprints, QA’ing the output, and analyzing the results. This is full-stack SEO at its finest at an organization with SEO at the center of its growth mandate.
What You Will Do
- Manage our SEO program: It’s more than just setting a strategy, you will manage the team through implementation. Write requirements for developers, QA the output, manage the backlog, organize sprint planning, help design think through information hierarchy, and update stakeholders along the way.
- Execute on, then evolve our existing SEO strategy: We are confident in our SEO strategy and also understand that the landscape changes frequently and we must adapt to performance realities. Build upon the foundation, don’t tear it down.
- Technical Optimization: As the bonafide Blinkist expert on SEO, you’ll understand our technical strengths and limitations to tailor content and site structure optimally.
- Lead technical QA: Nothing gets shipped without your eyes on it. Approve what goes live, create automation specs to catch issues quickly, build systems to monitor SEO health.
- Keyword Research and Analysis: We are on a mission to greatly expand our content offering. Evaluate what content we need and how to make it work hardest for us.
- Content Strategy Alignment: Collaborate with our awesome content team to ensure we are onboarding the right assets and distribution efforts.
- Performance Tracking and Reporting: Monitor SEO performance and prepare regular reports showcasing key metrics and progress towards SEO goals.
- Stay Abreast of Industry Trends: Keep up to date with the latest SEO trends, algorithm updates, and emerging technologies to implement cutting-edge strategies.
- Own product KPIs: Take responsibility for growth, decline, and overall health. Be fluent in KPI movement, able to speak to changes and always focused on their improvement.
- Leverage and utilize key SEO tools and technologies: Such as Google - Analytics/Search Console/Tag Manager/AdWords, Brightedge, Deepcrawl, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, to inform and drive strategy and tactical recommendations
What You Need To Have
- Comprehensive knowledge especially in technical SEO, but also content driven SEO
- Experiencing managing a large, high-growth domain
- Commanding knowledge of SEO inputs such as: A|B testing, SEO audits, Keyword research, Site taxonomy, Information architecture, Link building, International SEO, Technical SEO, On-page SEO, Off-page SEO, UX/CRO
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage the development pipeline
- Initiative and innovation in problem solving and task management
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Fluent English language skills
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Weekly yoga & fitness classes in the office & remote
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.