Product Design Lead
Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 26 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks. ✨
About The Role
As Product Design Lead at Blinkist, you'll play a key role in shaping the user experience and design strategy across our iOS, Android, and Web platforms. You'll lead a team of four product designers embedded within cross-functional product teams. Your expertise and leadership will enable the creation of design solutions that reflect our product strategy, enhance the learning journey, and maintain consistency for our users across all touch points.
The salary range for this position for an employee located in Germany is €80,000 - €98,000 gross/year.
What You Will Do
- Lead and mentor a team of four product designers, fostering their professional growth, skill development, and collaboration within their respective mission teams.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to define team objectives, prioritize projects, and ensure a cohesive product experience.
- Set a high bar for design quality across mission teams, supporting the team in consistently delivering designs that align with Blinkist's design vision and brand identity.
- Ensuring project visibility and transparency across the teams.
- Work closely with the Director of Design and DesignOps to refine and evolve the design system, ensuring consistency and scalability across the Blinkist platform.
- Actively contribute to strategic design discussions, providing insights and recommendations based on design trends, user feedback, and industry best practices.
- Lead collaborative sessions for designers and across teams to facilitate constructive feedback and effective decision-making.
- Foster collaboration with Research & Insights and Data teams to integrate user insights into the design process.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies and strive towards a strong design culture.
What You Need To Have
- Extensive hands-on design experience with a strong portfolio showcasing impactful projects.
- Proven track record of project leadership in fast-paced, digital product development environments.
- Experience leading and managing designers, providing mentorship and guidance in a collaborative environment.
- Design chops you can dust off from time to time and work in the file with your designers.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate design concepts and decisions to cross-functional teams.
- A passion for continuous learning, staying updated on industry trends, design best practices, and emerging technologies.
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Weekly yoga & fitness classes in the office & remote
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.