Bitwarden empowers enterprises, developers, and individuals to securely store and share sensitive data. With a transparent, open-source approach to password management, secrets management, and passwordless and passkey innovations, Bitwarden makes it easy for users to extend robust security practices across all online activities. Founded in 2016 with headquarters in Santa Barbara, California, Bitwarden is supported by a passionate global community of security experts and enthusiasts.
Bitwarden truly cares and wants all Bitwarden users to have the best experience while accessing their sensitive information. The Solutions Engineering team works closely with the Integration Engineering and Sales teams to help users and all Bitwarden prospective customers meaningfully engage with Bitwarden products. The goal remains for all users to ultimately achieve their desired outcome and gain the knowledge and skills necessary for consideration of acquisition and production implementations. Team members have excellent product knowledge, superb technical skills, stellar grammar, attention to detail, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. Success is measured in diligence, precision, transparency, customer assessment and adoption.
Bitwarden seeks a server and cloud enthusiast, with experience in both communicating about and deploying these technologies. You will become a Bitwarden product expert and handle business inquiries regarding our products, provide solutions for technical issues, design systems proof-of-concepts, ensure customer satisfaction, and bridge the gap between confusion and confidence for prospects looking to adopt Bitwarden.
- Functioning as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Bitwarden and the Bitwarden suite of services
- Conduct engaging implementation-specific demos and product technical Q&A
- Attend deal cadence calls with Sales Account Executives to check in on pre-sales proof-of-concept progress and assist in planning and implementation as needed
- Report product feedback and feature requests to Product and Engineering teams
- Assist account executives with positioning new or upcoming product features to customers
- Build scripts, integrations, and examples for customers to test product functionality during pre-sales proof-of-concepts
- Work with the Sales Team to develop account strategies to build, mature and close pipeline
- Track the competitive landscape; provide technical depositioning information to account executives and prospects
- Provide assistance in responding to technical questions on requests for proposals, comments, and information
- Advising customers on industry best practices for the full stack of Bitwarden
- Working with enterprise prospects to solve issues and/or look ahead to identify solutions to situations they may face in the future
- Providing superb guidance and assistance for each business prospect or customer’s implementation of Bitwarden, integration with the rest of their technology stack, and general security
- Keep organized notes to champion’s feedback in collaborative sessions spanning the Bitwarden team to assist Bitwarden in not just meeting, but exceeding expectations
- Coordinate hand-off to Integration Engineering and Customer Success Engagement Management teams to move customer environments from proof-of-concept to production, ensuring product and service continuity
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Excellent English and grammar
- Excellent problem-solving skills (you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solutions)
- Project planning, including collaborative and individual time management
- A passion for supporting your team members, growing together (technical ability and emotional intelligence), and sharing your knowledge with all
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to advocate for others
- A passion for helping enterprise prospects interested in Bitwarden and best security practices.
- Experience from a previous technical position (e.g. Sales Engineer, Systems Engineer, Integration Engineer, DevOps Engineer, IT Infrastructure Engineer, etc). Equivalent education or demonstrable skills may be accepted
- Ability and desire to work remotely, with possible travel as needed
Familiarity with several of the following areas/technologies is preferred:
- Linux, Windows, and macOS
- Docker (Swarm Mode), Kubernetes, and Podman
- NFS and CIFS
- Bash and PowerShell
- Active Directory, LDAP, G Suite, Azure AD, Jumpcloud, Cloudflare and Okta
- GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Android and iOS
- SSO implementation and best practices (SAML and OpenID Connect)
- Integrating SCIM solutions
- TLS/SSL and PKI
- RESTful services / API’s
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with Integration Engineering Manager
- Interview with Sr. Director, Customer Success
- Interview with Chief Sales Officer
- Interview with Chief Customer Officer
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: We do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations. Please remove us from all such contact lists.