Senior Manager, Developer Product Marketing
Bitwarden is a credential management leader empowering enterprises, developers, and individuals to securely store and share sensitive data. With a transparent, open source architecture for password management, secrets management, and passwordless and passkey innovations, Bitwarden makes it easy for users to extend robust security practices to online experiences. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
As Bitwarden expands its product portfolio to serve the needs of developers, it seeks a senior product marketing leader to drive go-to-market and technology ecosystem content strategy aimed at the developer community. A member of the Bitwarden product marketing team, you will craft creative go-to-market motions that delight developers. You will develop concise, benefits-driven messaging, and value propositions that fuel and support our public relations, growth, demand generation, and community programs.
This is an all-remote team and we are looking for someone who can work within North American time zones.
- Minimum 8-10 years of product marketing experience partnering with product and engineering teams at high growth B2B technology companies. Being a part of a product led growth company is a plus.
- Experience in marketing to developers with some familiarity in credential management, and passwordless technologies (WebAuthn, passkeys.)
- Experience conducting customer interviews and competitive research; can distill learnings in a structured way to help shape product roadmap, value propositions, messaging, and persona development.
- Passionate about writing, editing, and proofreading with a strong attention to detail.
- Oversee Bitwarden Passwordless.dev, as well as bring developer marketing experience to support Bitwarden Password Manager and Bitwarden Secrets Manager.
- Set GTM strategy for growing the awareness and adoption of this emerging product; develop compelling content and strategies that grow advocacy among the developers who use Bitwarden Passwordless.dev to implement passkeys across applications and websites.
- As product marketing lead, you will own the development, implementation of marketing strategies that align with the product vision, lead strategies for product launches/feature releases, gain deep understanding of customers and the competitive landscape and use that knowledge to inform outreach campaigns; collaborate with product, sales, customer success teams to ensure alignment; and be the overall advocate for the product external (and internally)
- Partner with product, growth marketing and operations to design and execute campaigns that build trust and credibility among developers, providing technical information, resources, and tools that help them achieve their development goals.
- Drive go to market planning for new features and product releases; lead the creation of related content including blogs, social media, customer communications, sales enablement, and press materials.
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, startup environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail. Examples of externally published work.
- An affinity for and familiarity with Bitwarden and the ability to learn a lot more.
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with senior director of product marketing
- Interviews with team members
- Share examples of previous work, which includes published articles, video presentations, or podcast interviews.
- 30-minute panel presentation to hiring committee
- Reference calls
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: We do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations. Please remove us from all such contact lists.