Team Lead - Santa Monica
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 400 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Who is Bird
Bird’s cleaner, affordable, and on-demand mobility solutions are available in more than 400 cities globally. We take a collaborative, community-first approach to micromobility. Bird partners closely with the cities in which it operates to provide a reliable and affordable transportation option for people who live and work there.
- Training, managing, coaching, and motivating personnel to achieve prompt attendance, superior performance, and good morale
- Deployment planning and fleet monitoring to ensure Operations Specialists’ efficiency using internal dashboard and route planner
- Oversee warehouse operations to ensure asset health and repair productivity among Maintenance Specialists
- Maintain Fleet Ops team safety culture inside and outside the warehouse, including COVID compliance, charging safety, PPE supply, incident reporting, and hazard mitigation
- Closely track key operational metrics and audit team performance using spreadsheets and internal tools
- Coordinate schedules of all hourly team members; step up to perform the duties of a Shift Lead, Maintenance Lead, Operations Specialist, or Maintenance Specialist if needed
- Serve as our local point of contact for other internal teams
- This role will work weekends + nights
- 2-4 years of experience leading warehouse and driver personnel in operations, logistics, distribution, or related sectors
- 18+ year of age, with a minimum of 2 years driving experience, and a valid driver’s license
- Technical background: familiarity with spreadsheets and web tools, proficiency with math, technical savvy to quickly learn new software
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficient in English (firmly required)
- 4+ years of experience as a warehouse supervisor working in operations, logistics, distribution, tech, or related sectors
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Transportation/Logistics, Business or any STEM field
- Familiarity with local streets and neighborhoods
- Results-orientation and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry scooters/e-bikes, related components/parts, and tools weighing up to 80-90 lbs scooters (with or without reasonable accommodation)
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge, plus a wellness resource to help you wind down. We also offer a work from home stipend, an employer paid healthcare package, and Bird ride credits to get you where you need to be.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.