Director, Integrated Marketing
Quick take: Axios is a thriving, fast-growing media organization dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news in an audience-first format. We’re looking for an experienced storyteller with a passion for communicating big ideas, leading projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Why it matters: As we continue to build our Brand Strategy and Integrated Marketing arm, it is imperative we cultivate a team of experienced marketers who can support our client partners with their go-to-market narratives and proposals. This individual should be a mix of creative and business-minded, with an eye towards enhancing Axios brand awareness and an interest in increasing overall company revenue.
Go deeper: Reporting into the Senior Director, Integrated Marketing and within Axios’ revenue organization, the Director, Integrated Marketing will work closely with colleagues in client partnerships, Studio, product, edit and brand marketing to spearhead the creation of collateral and proposals for our advertising partners. This role will work closely with the Axios Local team. Responsibilities include:
- Thought leader: As the quarterback of the pitch process, the Director, Integrated Marketing plays an integral part in understanding our advertisers’ business goals and how to pair them with the most effective Axios product solutions. You’ll be expected to lead pre-sale brainstorming sessions and to answer a high influx of RFPs and proactive requests for both national and local clients, but with a lean towards local.
- Storyteller: You will craft and own culture-forward narratives that support Axios products, aid proactive pitches and respond in a creative, thoughtful and customized way to RFPs. You should be proficient in crafting strategic program narratives using data and insights.
- Ideator: You will play a critical role in ideating, developing and packaging innovative opportunities that incorporate the full suite of Axios offerings, including: branded and sponsored digital content, events, social, video, high-impact media, and more.
- Business-minded: Responsible for the creation of scalable, go-to-market proposal approaches and enhancement of cross-departmental collaborative processes. You’ll develop creative, data-driven materials that build upon our brand positioning and consumer insights.
The details: Ideal candidates will be endlessly curious. They’ll embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience in ad sales marketing (digital, publishing and/or integrated marketing)
- Experience building marketing campaigns and programs, with a focus on creative strategy and campaign development
- History of driving creative collaboration and delivering best-in-class ideas that connect with consumers and deliver results for advertisers
- Excellent writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills
- Diligence and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Design-minded with the ability to create effective visual presentations; Proficiency in Google Slides preferred
- Experience working with financial services, technology, nonprofit, automotive, retail and healthcare clients is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What Axios brings to the table besides salary:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Robust PPO and High Deductible health insurance options on the Blue Cross Blue Shield network
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution for the high deductible health plan option
- Dental and vision coverage
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus holidays
- One mental health day per quarter
- Annual learning and development stipend
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services through Headspace
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Personal health advocacy resources through HealthAdvocate
- Inclusive fertility, hormonal health and family forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
- A strong and positive work environment
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Starting base salary for this role is in the range of $110,000.00 - $120,000.00 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other bonus compensation and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.