VP Marketing & Growth
Quick take: Are you a dynamic and results-driven marketer with a track record of driving growth and elevating brand? Are you motivated to find new strategies in the emerging world of AI and evolution of social, search and digital? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The context: We are seeking a Vice President of Marketing and Growth to drive audience growth and value in Axios National, Local, Pro and new products. This leader will take our existing audience of 3M+ newsletter subscribers and 20M+ website visitors to new heights.
Go deeper: This role will lead strategy and execution in three areas:
1) Drive audience growth through paid and organic channels
- Guide the evolution of our acquisition goals and tactics as social, search and AI disrupt the media and marketing landscape.
- Optimize our funnel and customer lifecycle to improve conversion, retention and LTV.
- Implement a robust measurement framework to track key performance indicators related to audience growth and LTV.
2) Be the center of excellence on audience
- Own the definition of our target audience including personas and segmentation.
- Establish an audience data strategy to enrich our knowledge and insights about audience, including third-party partnerships.
- Oversee subscriber databases and lists, working with the technology org to prioritize necessary tools and infrastructure.
- Partner with the data and insights team in the technology organization to surface actional recommendations and strategies.
- Advocate for the reader / audience within leadership, ensuring balance with other priorities.
3) Amplify the Axios brand
- Lead our external comms / PR team to highlight Axios journalism and business.
- Develop strategies to grow brand awareness through paid marketing, organic channels and partnerships.
- Create processes and standards to ensure consistent brand voice and identity.
The details: This position requires the following
- Minimum of 15 years experience in digital marketing, including managing a multi-million dollar budget and high-functioning team.
- Expertise in building strategies and executing full-funnel marketing including:
- Scaling media products across a large existing base.
- Promotion of multiple products such as newsletters, podcasts, website, videos, events, etc.
- Originating partnerships to elevate brand awareness via trade, barter and paid initiatives.
- Creative thinker who is able to switch from data-heavy scenarios to developing creative, unique campaigns successful in driving audience growth.
- Track record of communication with executive-level stakeholders and cross-functional peers, especially editorial and product/technology.
- Experience collaborating with editorial teams to ensure alignment between content creation and audience development strategies.
- Strong analytic skills and familiarity with audience segmentation.
- Experience in AdTech/MarTech, digital marketing or advertising within a media company.
- Has participated in the planning, implementation, and management of marketing analytics platforms and technologies including the improvement of LTV.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- 401K with company match
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Inclusive fertility, hormonal health, and family-forming benefits
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
The starting base salary for this role is in the range of $190,000-$230,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.