Senior Software Engineer- Backend
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for the experience our clients have on the platform by designing, building, and maintaining the server-side of Avoma. This is an exciting opportunity for those who are curious, diligent, and want to learn and develop their professional skills within a fast-growing start-up. As an early team member, we will work together to create the building blocks for our development strategy and set up the foundations and processes for future Software Engineers at Avoma.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in building the structure of a B2B SaaS application. We expect you to be a reliable professional, able to balance the needs of the product roadmap and the customers' needs. Your overarching goal is to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone using Avoma.
We strongly believe in each new hire's overall growth and continued development. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a high degree of opportunity for progression, creativity, and ownership.
What you will be doing in the role (Responsibilities)
- Design and Develop:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement robust and scalable software solutions.
- Utilize Typescript and Nodejs to build and maintain backend systems.
- Automation and Testing:
- Implement and enhance automation processes using Playwright and other relevant tools.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans to ensure the reliability and performance of our software.
- Cloud Services:
- Work with AWS and other cloud vendors to deploy and manage scalable and reliable infrastructure.
- Optimize and fine-tune cloud-based services for maximum efficiency.
- System Programming:
- Engage in system programming with Ubuntu to optimize performance and ensure smooth operation.
- Media Processing:
- Leverage FFMPEG for media processing tasks, ensuring high-quality outputs.
- Chrome Extension (Good to Have)
- If you have experience with chrome extension development, contribute to enhancing our product features.
- At least 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with a track record of delivering software with high business impact
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience writing scalable, high-performant, and clean code
- B.S./B.E. in Computer Science or relevant engineering field
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a largely asynchronous work environment.
- What you get from Avoma
- This is a full time direct hire role.
- A transparent salary structure
- Starting Salary Range: ₹2,700,000- ₹3,400,000 Depending on Experience.
- Equity options.
- 15 days of vacation annually on top of company holidays
- 10 days of sick time annually on top of vacation and company holidays
Avoma is an intelligent meeting assistant for teams looking to automate some of the common tasks required for customer-focused meetings. We leverage NLP and machine learning to summarize meeting notes and extract key topics and action items discussed. All of this data automatically syncs back into their CRM. This helps to save end users time and focus on what matters most, their customer interactions.
We are a venture-funded early-stage startup, have 800+ paid businesses, and are growing consistently month over month.