Junior Business Development Representative (German)
We are AG5, a fast-growing SaaS scale-up in Amsterdam. We are looking for a junior business development representative to join our team! Are you at the start of your career and ready to develop yourself? Are you not scared of putting yourself out there, and do you get energy from speaking with different people daily? Then we might be looking for you! In your role as a Junior BDR at AG5, you’ll play a key role in our sales team. You’ll be at the start of the sales funnel, and your contribution will be precious to our growth. Since we want to encourage your performance within the position and reward good results, the targets we set together are also accompanied by attractive bonuses. Depending on how quickly you achieve your targets, you can continue to grow with us. It’s even possible to become a Senior BDR within a year!
- Conducting market research to identify leads
- Doing cold outreach to contact these leads: emailing, cold calling, events, etc.
- Qualifying business opportunities – understanding the prospect’s needs and determining whether they fit us well
- Connecting the potential clients to our account executives
- Collaborating with senior team members, and with the account executives
- Keeping accurate records in our CRM systems
About the team
We are a team of 50+ people who share the same core values and the urge to bring this tool to more customers and make their lives easier and stress-free. We really pride ourselves on our team and company culture. We are all different, but we all respect and help each other. Collaboration is a really big part of our culture and we want to make sure we only hire new colleagues that will fit right in. The Business Development team falls within the Sales team. Our team has 3 BDRs working actively right now, two in the Netherlands and one in Germany, and one BDR manager, in the Netherlands. Our main goal is to go out there and find new potential clients (outbound outreach).
- Degree in a relatable field preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English and German
- Additional languages are a plus (German required)
- Flexible mindset – we are growing fast, so there are always a lot of changes
- A proactive, problem-solving attitude, and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Eagerness to learn and enthusiasm for sales
- Customer service experience is a plus
What we offer
- Open and informal work culture based on trust
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Comprehensive training and mentorship
- Clear opportunities for career growth
- There is flexibility with working from home
- 25 Vacations Days
- A pension plan from your first day
AG5 provides clear, concise, and audit-proof skills matrices that make workforce management easy and convenient. It’s our goal is to enable our customers to visualize and track the skills of their frontline workers in a centralized hub that integrates with HR and learning systems – without having to continue relying on complex Excel spreadsheets. AG5 has been making a huge difference at international companies – small and large alike – for fifteen years now, helping them get to grips with staff skills management. Our clients also play a vital role in how we work at AG5 – we listen very carefully to them and use their input and feedback to continuously improve our products. Because we know this is the only way to create the very best skills management software on the market. But it’s also specialists, like you, who form the bedrock of our success with your talent, expertise, and experience. To nurture your talent to the full, we offer great professional development opportunities. If you’re ready to kick-start your career in business development, we’d love to hear from you!